11.12.13 Multi Event Geocoin

Hum...Whereisit?

Leave it to Geocachers to be creative when it comes to Sequential Moments in time. 9.9.9 / 10.10.10 / 11.11.11 / 12.12.12 / 11.12.13

Not too many more ways in the near future to have a Sequential Event. Throw into the mix that some read their dates, Day Month Year while others Month Day and Year. So here is the thing. We have an event coin Version November and Version December. We have been given permission to host our events in the States early, and have approved the events to happen after the fact. Whether your event is in December or November we've got the perfect coin for you.

If you are hosting an event or two to celebrate 11.12.13 and want to make a custom version of this coin for your event, or if you want to participate with our generic version of the coin, please email me Michael@Oakcoins.com. I can get you the information ASAP. We only have until October 3rd to order. That's Less Then a Week.

Oakcoins will be hosting the following events:

11.12.13 11:12:13 Flash Mob Event

11.12.13 Event Celebration. We are going to party like its 1999.

11.12.13 European Spectacular to Celebrate with our friends "Across the Pond" "Down Under" or "In the Great White North - Ehh?"

Edited by Hum...Whereisit?

Hi Michael,

could you let me know Final Geocoin's name for this Multi Events?

I want to create a new bookmark on my animation link

I created my event listing 11-12-13 Multi Event South Bohemia, Czech Republic GC4P4G8 12th December (not Published yet).

I would like to ask all Participants of this project for help to get all versions of coin to my collection (it's not for profit).

Thanks for your goodwill

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Nice looking design! But what is the difference between the artwork for USA and Europe? I am looking for something related to December 11th vs November 12th, but I cannot spot it...

It's a Simple. ;) Look at four small clock faces. On the Left Month is displayed (Nov US, Dec International), on the Bottom Day of the Month is displayed (12 US, 11 International). On the Top 13 second is displayed, on the Right year 2013 is displayed (it's the same for US and International).

Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

I was getting ready to put in my order but finding another problem with the order page and shipping charges. Anyone else put in their order yet?

Hi Beverly,

i'm not sure, because shipping to the Europe is calculated maybe 100USD. I tried to make order during weekend and Front Color 3 is for extra price + 0.15USD.

Borek

I was getting ready to put in my order but finding another problem with the order page and shipping charges. Anyone else put in their order yet?

Hi Beverly,

i'm not sure, because shipping to the Europe is calculated maybe 100USD. I tried to make order during weekend and Front Color 3 is for extra price + 0.15USD.

Borek

Yes that is one of the errors I found. I thought that Michael had fixed that when I emailed him earlier. The shipping when I tried to order was over twice what we were quoted. Hopefully it will be fixed today.

*snip*

The shipping when I tried to order was over twice what we were quoted. Hopefully it will be fixed today.

Hey Beverly, I'm seeing the following prices for shipping which seem awfully high to me. Is this what you mean? :unsure:

United States Postal Service

• Priority Mail $60.24
  • Priority Mail Express $154.94

United Parcel Service

• Ground $40.16
  • 3 Day Select $96.29
  • 2nd Day Air $156.73
  • Next Day Air Saver $209.88

:blink: :blink: :blink:

CF30

*snip*

The shipping when I tried to order was over twice what we were quoted. Hopefully it will be fixed today.

Hey Beverly, I'm seeing the following prices for shipping which seem awfully high to me. Is this what you mean? :unsure:

• Priority Mail $60.24

United Parcel Service

• Ground $40.16
  • 3 Day Select $96.29
  • 2nd Day Air $156.73

CF30

Yep that's exactly what I meant. We were quoted $18.76. I also want it fixed before I order. My credit card doesn't like extra big charges. :blink:

*snip*

• Priority Mail $60.24

United Parcel Service

• Ground $40.16
  • 3 Day Select $96.29
  • 2nd Day Air $156.73

CF30

Yep that's exactly what I meant. We were quoted $18.76. I also want it fixed before I order. My credit card doesn't like extra big charges. :blink:

I went ahead and ordered the coins tonight. We wanted to get the order in before translucents jumped up 15 cents per. I'm just hoping the SLAGA will be reimbursed the proper amount on the inflated shipping charges... dry.gif Not KNOWING what the proper shipping charges actually are bothers me.

CF30

Not KNOWING what the proper shipping charges actually are bothers me.

Says $18.76 in the terms of service so I expect them to honor that.

I also went ahead and ordered after I saw that the 15 cent charge had been fixed. I chose Priority because that is what is in the terms of service so I hope to see a credit quickly.

I also opted in for the trade.

I also placed my order Sunday night (own time), while the form contained some errors (0.15 for the 3rd color, and no option to leave a zone without enamel), and asked for confirmation. Still waiting, though.

I preferred when we only had to pay when the coins were ready to be shipped.

No trade for me, thanks.

As a participant in this project I think it would be fair to let all participants know:

1. How many versions of the coins are being made,

2. Who those participants are (where, what group, etc.)

3. How many of those are in the trade.

We (participants) have always known this information before in past projects. There used to be a spreadsheet that laid it all out for participants to see.

Do you suppose a list (at least) of the above information can be compiled and shared with participants or posted here? Please?

Thanks ^_^

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

We will be doing 4 Versions of the coin. All will be a part of the Trade. We will post a spreadsheet up later today and try to keep the list as current as possible.

Version 1. Geoswag Version

Version 2. Flash Mob NOVEMBER Version. This will be for our 11.12.13 - 11:12:13 November Flash Mob

Version 3. Flash Mob DECEMBER Version. This will be for out December Flash Mob.

Version 4. Generic Event Version for those who are hosting an event but will not need the 50pc minimum. This will be available in MOQ of 15 or more.

Have these been ordered? I didn't see the artwork that was supposed to be approved yesterday by the time table on the link. Time is of the essence.

I haven't seen the postage refund either.

Why do I get the feeling we won't be getting blueprints to approve... dry.gif

And the shipping thing has always been sketchy...

CF30

I also received the artwork with the note that they are still working on the small details on the 4 small clock faces. It seems to me that those are the main reason for the coin. A change there is actually a major deal to me.

I found that "Trackable At Geocaching.com" is another font then BW Artwork and the Wheels on the background are different too.

I hope that all will be Fine in final, because design of coin is very nice.

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Cyech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

I also received the artwork with the note that they are still working on the small details on the 4 small clock faces. It seems to me that those are the main reason for the coin. A change there is actually a major deal to me.

I found that "Trackable At Geocaching.com" is another font then BW Artwork and the Wheels on the background are different too.

I hope that all will be Fine in final, because design of coin is very nice.

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Cyech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Agreed!

The event here is 5 weeks from today. Timing is very tight for the US now.

Hello!

Let me introduce my version of 11.12.13 Multi Event - South Bohemia Geocoin.

It was created via Corel Draw from BW Arwork template.

It is an International version (11th Dec 2013)

19e2fec0-f011-47b3-a35f-28d991dcd047.jpg

I have information that 24 versions will be exist (maybe).

New bookmark on my web animation coming soon.

I would like to ask participants for help to get all versions to my collection (it isn't for profit).

Very Thanks.

Borek

Is there any participant in germany?

I think NO.

I asked Guido aka longtomsilver from Koeln, but he is busy.

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech GEocacher and Geocoins Collector

That´s sad. I think i would participate, but i don´t host an event and this is one of the requirements, if i am right...

Yipee! The Michigan coins arrived today and they are gorgeous if I do say so myself!!! I'm very pleased with the way they turned out.

They will available first to the event attendees. If there are any left over after the event I can put you on the reservation list and let you know afterwards.

3fe_zps8843fba0.jpg

4be_zps2067de0c.jpg

Yipee! The Michigan coins arrived today and they are gorgeous if I do say so myself!!! I'm very pleased with the way they turned out.

They will available first to the event attendees. If there are any left over after the event I can put you on the reservation list and let you know afterwards.

3fe_zps8843fba0.jpg

4be_zps2067de0c.jpg

sure put me on the list. do you know the price?

thanks mo pirate

sure put me on the list. do you know the price?

thanks mo pirate

Got ya on the list and will let you know after the event. We are asking $12 each + shipping. I haven't weighed these beauties yet but there are heavy.