Same waymark posted several times on Waymarking

gpsblake

Example is the George Washington statue on the statehouse grounds in South Carolina. There are 4 separate listings for the same thing

http://www.Waymarking.com/wm/search.aspx?f=1&lat=34.000933&lon=-81.033217&t=6&gid=3

I know no one cares about the numbers in Waymarking but it is okay to log all 4 of them?? Is it normal to have the same spot listed under 4 different categories of Waymarking? And will that inflate my find count (again, not that it's that important)???

Example is the George Washington statue on the statehouse grounds in South Carolina. There are 4 separate listings for the same thing

http://www.Waymarking.com/wm/search.aspx?f=1&lat=34.000933&lon=-81.033217&t=6&gid=3

I know no one cares about the numbers in Waymarking but it is okay to log all 4 of them?? Is it normal to have the same spot listed under 4 different categories of Waymarking? And will that inflate my find count (again, not that it's that important)???

Yes you can log all four or as many as you would like, they are for the same location but are actually different waymark. Each that you log will count in your find count as each is a different waymark in a different category. Same for the South Carolina Statehouse it also is listed in a few different categories. The South Carolina Statehouse and grounds has a variety of different waymarks by several different waymarkers over the years.

Also if you think that something you visit could also fit into another category you can submit it to other category using your own photos and waymark description.

I know it sounds funny, but there are some locations that I have visited that allowed me to log a Visit to 15 or more different waymarks at the same location. Like you say, it really isn't about the numbers so much as the experience. My visit to one such location allowed me to experience different aspects of the same location; so I was just registering those aspects of experience in different Waymark visit logs.

Most of us in Waymarking came from geocaching, and the rules are quite a bit different -- although the games seem similar; so it takes a little getting used to at first. Things that seem like they would be "cheating" don't apply in Waymarking because it is not about the find, but about the experience(s) of the visit to the location.

Have fun visiting! And posting.

Logging a visit online is like saying thank-you to the waymarker for taking the time to post. If one location yields several different waymarks, it's usually because there are multiple aspects of that location that are being highlighted.

I really like that explanation of the waymark visit! :)

If one waymark is posted in multiple categories is it ok to log visits for every category with the same photo (same photo uploaded multiple times, once for each category)? Or I need different photos for different categories.?

In general, yes, that's ok. But check the visit requirements for the given category! Most are very similar and if just a picture is required, then it does not matter if you have used the same picture somewhere else. But there are exceptions.