fellow south African's in the East London

PeterHaileyJosh

Hi there,

My mom and I have been interested in Geocaching and apart of it since 2010/2011. I've moved to Scotland, United Kingdom. My mom is still in East London, South Africa. She feels she can't go searching for caches because she is a women on her own and doesn't feel like it's safe. I don't blame her - it isn't safe!

We were both wondering if there is a group of people that get together in the East London area and organise events or gatherings? Basically it would be nice if there were people that do this in the same area that would be interested in joining together to do it in a group, making it a lot safer for people on their own, and it would be nice to meet people and make new friends.

I'm writing this for my mom as she doesn't have access to internet as often as I do and when she does she's got more important things that need doing.

We both see this as a hobby and a form of getting out and having some adventure and in the process seeing new things. We aren't interested in competing. The idea of people who also do this coming together in the same area and doing it together is another fantastic way of meeting new people making new friends and socializing.

If you are interested or have any information or stories to share relating - I would love to hear them and pass them on to my mom. thank you