TINY stickers for log books

Tate&Shanon

Hi y'all!

While out caching this weekend I saw quite a few people had left TINY stickers in the log books that had their names printed on them. By TINY I mean like the size of a pencil eraser or just a tad bigger. Does anyone know where I can take a look at these stickers online? I have done a google search and all I can come up with is stickers the size of a return address label.

Thanks in advance

~Shanon

The problem that I have seen with sticker is that when used on logs for some very small micro caches the stickers can make it hard to get the rolled up log back into the cache. I recently had a rubber stamp made because some people complained about my hand writing LOL

Edited by JohnnyVegas

I have never signed a signed a Nano yet. I cannot stand the things! :mad:

I cannot get log out,

or back in,

there is never any space on the log,

then it takes an hour to roll it up, then realise its too fat, unroll, re-roll, still to fat, unroll re-roll... You get the idea.

Worst excuse for a Cache ever. A 35mm Film Canister should be the minimum size allowed in my opinion.

MICRO (Film Canister) is the lowest size that Groundspeak even let you specify anyway, but don't get me started.

Although I know I am far from alone on this Nano hating view of the game. Haha.

Anyway, to answer your question, NO you do not have to sign the log. :P

You may want to read through the knowledge books again, because they are very clear that you DO have to physically sign the logbook or log sheet as part of the finding process.

2.2. Logging your Find

To get your smiley, it is as important to log your find physically by signing the log book as it is to create your digital log. In the physical log, it is acceptable to use your user name, team name, stamp, or sticker which includes your user name. If the geocache does not have a physical logbook (Virtual, Benchmark, Webcam, EarthCache) you must physically visit the listed coordinates and meet any other requirements stated in the geocache description.

If you digitally log a geocache without meeting these requirements (also known as couch logging), your log can be deleted by either the geocache owner or Geocaching HQ without notice.

You may want to read through the knowledge books again, because they are very clear that you DO have to physically sign the logbook or log sheet as part of the finding process.

2.2. Logging your Find

To get your smiley, it is as important to log your find physically by signing the log book as it is to create your digital log. In the physical log, it is acceptable to use your user name, team name, stamp, or sticker which includes your user name. If the geocache does not have a physical logbook (Virtual, Benchmark, Webcam, EarthCache) you must physically visit the listed coordinates and meet any other requirements stated in the geocache description.

If you digitally log a geocache without meeting these requirements (also known as couch logging), your log can be deleted by either the geocache owner or Geocaching HQ without notice.

Interesting, that's a relatively new addition, and previously it's never been clearly stated.

2.2. Logging your Find

Interesting, that's a relatively new addition, and previously it's never been clearly stated.

Its extra interesting because there is no provision for a damaged, wet or full log book.

So you travel many miles to a location you will probably never visit again in your lifetime, find the Cache, but the log book is damp and un-useable.

You are therefore not entitled to getting a smiley and the find for that Cache and your log can be deleted?

Never heard so much rubbish to be honest.

A huge % of my finds are caches that are either badly maintained or the owners no longer actually play the game.

Both of which are really annoying and are pet hates of mine. But should I lose all my smileys because of that? Seems ridiculous doesn't it?

Think about how many of your total finds have been in bad condition or you could not physically write your name (for whatever reason) on the log book/sheet.

Would you accept that all of those particular finds should be erased from your account? I very much doubt it.

I think this issue that a Cache must have a written name or stamp on paper is deeply flawed.

Just because you haven't been able to sign your name doesn't make you a cheat and that is how it is being portrayed.

You have to remember that Geocaching is played by people from all backgrounds...

...Some people cant even write their own name due to poor education or physical disability!

So how far do you draw this out? The rule book would become a bible just on the tiny section of signing a log book.

Seems totally stupid to even have a rule about signing your name, its like having rules on how to breathe, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by MRB3N

As a reminder, the topic of this thread is "where to get tiny stickers to use in logbooks." The OP has already expressed discomfort about where the discussion had strayed off to. I'm hopeful that the OP might feel comfortable in bringing questions to the forums in the future, despite their experience here.

Does anyone have additional information to share regarding the production, purchase and/or use of tiny stickers?

A sticker would be useful for a cacher who can't sign their name, as well as for logs which are too wet to sign. The sticker might not stick, but you can try and at least ensure your sticker is in the container (for a while at least).

No sane person would stick a log sticker to something like this (which I find regular)...

10h9bap.jpgamy72h.jpg

Edited by MRB3N

A sticker would be useful for a cacher who can't sign their name, as well as for logs which are too wet to sign. The sticker might not stick, but you can try and at least ensure your sticker is in the container (for a while at least).

No sane person would stick a log sticker to something like this (which I find regular)...

10h9bap.jpgamy72h.jpg

The photo of the cache condition is a good idea. Proves you were there. Instead of placing a sticker on that mess, I hope you placed an NM or NA in the online logs. :)

In addition, I agree with previous posters that stickers on micro logs that are intended to be rolled up tightly are a problem.

Hi y'all!

While out caching this weekend I saw quite a few people had left TINY stickers in the log books that had their names printed on them. By TINY I mean like the size of a pencil eraser or just a tad bigger. Does anyone know where I can take a look at these stickers online? I have done a google search and all I can come up with is stickers the size of a return address label.

Thanks in advance

~Shanon

DO NOT USE STICKERS! They suck. They get gummy and glue the pages of the log together. One of the most horrible things you can do to a cache is to use stickers in the logbook. GET A STAMP!

I agree, get a stamp. Stickers are not good when your roll up the logs or on nanos. They just fall off and get all over the place. I have a small stamp and can even fit my name on a nano log without taking up too much space.

I never understood what was so hard about simply writing your name with a pen.

I write my name but what difference does it make and why do you care.

Who says I care? There are many things I don't care about that I don't get. NASCAR for instance.

I agree with Briansnat, what's wrong with making it personal and taking a moment to sign the log with a pen? Someone has taken the time to place the cache so taking the time to sign the log shouldn't be a big deal. Using a stamp or sticker is the equivalent of just logging TFTC on the web site.

+1 on NASCAR too!