500 Server Error Page

xptwo

I tried to submit a new waymark in the Dated Buildings and Cornerstones Waymark Category, but after repeated attempts in both Firefox and IE, I keep hitting the 500 - Server Error Page. I tried to fill out the error form that page led me to, but it will not allow a submission without a security word.

I can see that others have successfully posted recently in this category. Is there any way to find out what I could be doing wrong?

It gets even more interesting. I tried the Dated Buildings and Cornerstones one again, but changed the coordinates to put it farther from the other one, and it took. After uploading photos, I corrected the coordinates and the submission went through.

Edited by xptwo

I was going to suggest you look at coordinates you were entering. The proximity should not have caused any issue as I have recently entered some in that same category with close proximity with no issue. That category does not have any date fields that can sometimes cause issues if not in correct format thus about only other thing would be something it did not like about the way the coordinates were entered.

Glad it all worked out in the end.

I was going to suggest you look at coordinates you were entering. The proximity should not have caused any issue as I have recently entered some in that same category with close proximity with no issue. That category does not have any date fields that can sometimes cause issues if not in correct format thus about only other thing would be something it did not like about the way the coordinates were entered.

Glad it all worked out in the end.

I posted this info above, and Groundspeak told me to come in here because they are to busy with geocaching to be bother with Waymarking errors. (my paraphrase) .

In the past 3 months I have had about 20 of those 500 error. Once I get one, trying to add a visit or new makrer I have to completely shut down the computer and re boot and then open Waymarking anew....

sometime this does not work, (i.e a visit to you catholic church in Westphalia MO)....received 5 of those error notices today, and even after a reboot.

Ok, I logged a visit, then realized I had not updated the visit date. When I tried to "Edit" the log on the one I had just logged, I got the good old 500 server error. During the day (Saturday 7/26), I have gotten the 500 server error, did something else, went back to the same waymark, logged it just fine. Other work, tried to log a different waymark, 500 server. Does someone, maybe need to reboot the server?????

Oh - I also had trouble getting to the forum to report the first 500 server error.

Edited by Lat34North