Statistic bars don't show in statistics page

Keokas

I'm missing stats in the iPhone & iPad iOS 7.x. It was fine until a recent update from grounspeak. It is very annoying because I take many screen grabs from the phone/pad while caching and tracking stats.

Should not have to wait for this fix.

On iOS8 Beta 1, all statistics show properly for me in Safari except the maps. Perhaps Apple is fixing things on their end of the equation.

Not that it isn't out of the question, but I see it as purely GS's screw up because it was fine immediately prior to the update. Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

I'm missing stats in the iPhone & iPad iOS 7.x.

Can you elaborate on this? "Missing" isn't very descriptive. Are you seeing anything at all? Is it the same as problem described in this discussion where the bars aren't showing, but everything else is? Something different? If it's the bars-not-showing problem, then it isn't Groundspeak's fault and you'll just have to be patient. Since you say it was working very recently, though, it sounds like you might have a different problem, but it's hard to tell without more information.

It's interesting to note that on my iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, the bars show up just fine. The only part of the stats that doesn't display is the maps. The country/state/province tables show, just not the map images. Everything else appears exactly as it does on the desktop versions of Firefox and IE.

I'm missing stats in the iPhone & iPad iOS 7.x.

Can you elaborate on this? "Missing" isn't very descriptive. Are you seeing anything at all? Is it the same as problem described in this discussion where the bars aren't showing, but everything else is? Something different? If it's the bars-not-showing problem, then it isn't Groundspeak's fault and you'll just have to be patient. Since you say it was working very recently, though, it sounds like you might have a different problem, but it's hard to tell without more information.

It's interesting to note that on my iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1, the bars show up just fine. The only part of the stats that doesn't display is the maps. The country/state/province tables show, just not the map images. Everything else appears exactly as it does on the desktop versions of Firefox and IE.

I started a different thread and it was locked and thrown in here.

under "Finds per Month" no data is there

under "Cumulative Finds Per Month" no data is there

under "Cache Types I've Found" only the list is there, no data.

under "Container Types I've Found" only the list is there, no data

under "Distances to Finds" only the distances list is there, no data.

Yes...Maps do not show either.

Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

It has been a week or so, that in my statistics page the bars in

- Finds per month

- Cumulative finds per month

- Cache types I've found

- Container types I've found, and

- Distance to finds

don't show. There's only a question mark instead of the bar.

The same result if I try to see anybody else's statistics as well.

I haven't heard if anybody else has this problem.

I have removed cookies and signed out and in with no result.

Is there anything else I can try, or is the problem in some recent update of the site?

I am using iPad and Safari.

Thanks in advance!

Few days ago everything started to show again normally. Obviously someone finally fixed something :-)

Thanks!

No one fixed anything for me! I have been too busy to post, but still nothing! I don't even think GS is looking into it!

Truth be told, I don't think anyone at the Lilypad really cares much about supporting Apple users. The first response to this thread from Groundspeak was basically "Blame Apple | Google / Not our fault"

I've been shot down a few places here in the forums about the fact that I am not running Windows (though this has mainly been other cachers not Groundspeak employees).

I've basically come to the realization that we're on our own for Mac support, and if you ask about this support in the forums be prepared to be flamed to a crisp for not buying something that runs Windows instead.

The statistics on my iMac are working fine. The software is up to date, running OSX 10.9.4 and Safari 7.0.5. My iPhone and iPad have a partial problem with statistics using Safari on iOS 7.1.2. The "Basic" tab data is fine but the maps on the "Maps" tab are not displayed. My conclusion: it is not a Groundspeak problem. Probably Apple.

The statistics on my iMac are working fine. The software is up to date, running OSX 10.9.4 and Safari 7.0.5. My iPhone and iPad have a partial problem with statistics using Safari on iOS 7.1.2. The "Basic" tab data is fine but the maps on the "Maps" tab are not displayed. My conclusion: it is not a Groundspeak problem. Probably Apple.

So this is impossible for Groundspeak to fix. They could not, for example, utilize a different rendering engine for the stats bars that is more IETF compliant.

So this is impossible for Groundspeak to fix. They could not, for example, utilize a different rendering engine for the stats bars that is more IETF compliant.

Or just go back about seven months to the code used then...when it worked!

I am beginning to feel the whole lot at HQ just isn't doing it for the members. They don't care, just there for a paycheck. Most aren't even participating members. They definitely weren't when hired.

Or just go back about seven months to the code used then...when it worked!

I am beginning to feel the whole lot at HQ just isn't doing it for the members. They don't care, just there for a paycheck. Most aren't even participating members. They definitely weren't when hired.

Groundspeak hasn't changed their code. How could they revert?

Groundspeak hasn't changed their code. How could they revert?

The "Release Notes" section of the forums would suggest that Groundspeak has, in fact, changed their code in the last seven months. It does not necessarily indicate they touched this specific code though.

That is beside the point though. The point is that there is functionality that does not work for a segment of the customer base due to a design decision to outsource some of the work to a Google API that does not work properly on Apple products. At this time, Groundspeak has basically decided that those customers are not worth the effort to correct the issue and we are encouraged to go purchase a different brand of computer or mobile device to rectify the issue. Next month we may find that another feature is broken (say, uploading Field Notes) and I'm under the impression that Groundspeak's response would be the same. Essentially that I should buy a dedicated computer for geocaching, and that it should be Microsoft Windows based.

...At this time, Groundspeak has basically decided that those customers are not worth the effort to correct the issue and we are encouraged to go purchase a different brand of computer or mobile device to rectify the issue.

Essentially that I should buy a dedicated computer for geocaching, and that it should be Microsoft Windows based.

I haven't seen any such suggestion.

Just because this problem hasn't been fixed yet doesn't mean it's being ignored. However, it's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, regardless of what platform it affects. If we were talking about something like the Pocket Query system being down, it would get a much higher priority, but we're talking about a display issue for a subset of members on a stats page. This problem has exactly zero effect on the ability of a member to go out, find caches, and log their finds. Is this problem really that critical that you think it should be bumped to the top of the list? Personally, if I were in charge of prioritizing bug fixes, one like this would go near the bottom.