Statistic bars don't show in statistics page

Keokas

It has been a week or so, that in my statistics page the bars in

- Finds per month

- Cumulative finds per month

- Cache types I've found

- Container types I've found, and

- Distance to finds

don't show. There's only a question mark instead of the bar.

The same result if I try to see anybody else's statistics as well.

I haven't heard if anybody else has this problem.

I have removed cookies and signed out and in with no result.

Is there anything else I can try, or is the problem in some recent update of the site?

I am using iPad and Safari.

Thanks in advance!

It has been a week or so, that in my statistics page the bars in

- Finds per month

- Cumulative finds per month

- Cache types I've found

- Container types I've found, and

- Distance to finds

don't show. There's only a question mark instead of the bar.

The same result if I try to see anybody else's statistics as well.

I haven't heard if anybody else has this problem.

I have removed cookies and signed out and in with no result.

Is there anything else I can try, or is the problem in some recent update of the site?

I am using iPad and Safari.

Thanks in advance!

I can see all of those things in your statistics tab. I'm using a really old version of Firefox.

B.

Exactly the same thing happens in my iPhone + Safari. No statistic bars at all. Not in my profile/my statistics, neither in my public profile/statistics.

My Mac (+Safari) shows everything right. The problem appears to show only in both of the mobile devices.

Am I really the only iOS user having this problem?

Exactly the same thing happens in my iPhone + Safari. No statistic bars at all. Not in my profile/my statistics, neither in my public profile/statistics.

My Mac (+Safari) shows everything right. The problem appears to show only in both of the mobile devices.

Am I really the only iOS user having this problem?

The images are actually generated at google.com. Do you have any issues with other google sites? The link to your Finds by Month Charts is:

http://2.chart.apis.google.com/chart?chxl=1:|%20|%20|%20|%20|2012|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|2013|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20|%20&chxr=0,0,255|1,0,255&chxt=y,x&chbh=a&chs=700x200&cht=bvg&chco=8c9e65b4&chd=e:DANTMTEhExDgGRAAFhnJ..rajIb2cHUVXlVFMDV1f3goRkcXLS&chg=0,-1,1,1

What happens if you go there directly?

Using Safari on OS X that link is fine fwiw and gives me a graph that would seem to make sense. I know that's not iOS but it's the same basic browser.

I assume this means that all the graphs on the stats pages are produced in this way - i.e. using google stuff to query the db in some way?

So it looks like a problem with Safari in iOS-devices and Google sites. Web search gave some similar results but I didn't find a fix so far. My Mini Mac with an old version of Safari opens everything normally.

So maybe I should start using some other browser in iPad and iPhone. Any suggestions for a better browser?

Or still, if there is a fix for this, I would appreciate help, and keep using Safari.

Thanks.

'Safari cannot open the page because it cannot establish a secure connection to the server.'

Anything I can do about it?

I know nothing about MAC OS or the Safari browser. I'm curious if you are having trouble with other http// sites. If I saw this error in Firefox or IE, I would be looking through the settings/options to see if something was set to require secure connections, either globally, or just to google.

A secure connection typically starts with a https// The link to the charts is a http// link. For some reason, your browser is asking for a secure connection and the site can't provide it because it was not intended to do so.

Also, is there any kind of security software on the device that could be blocking the connection.

Edited by Don_J

Copying the link with the http-beginning, Safari changes it into https. So you are right, it requires a secure connection for some reason. So far I didn't find a way to change this.

I haven' t found any other sites that Safari refuses to open.

I thought that there would be a big group of confused iPad users here with the same problem... :-/

After some investigating, my guess would be that the problem is caused by a bug in the iOS update. Three devices with the update (iPad2, iPhone4 and iPhone4S) don't show the statistics correctly. One fellow cacher with the old iOS and iPhone4 told me that everything shows normally.

So I guess, I will have to wait until Apple releases an update with the fix.

I am having this problem not only on my iPhone and iPad but also on my MacBook Air. I suspect the problem is with the Safari browser, since the Chrome browser displays the graphs correctly on all three devices.

I realized also that it is a Safari related problem, which appeared after the iOS update.

It seems to take a while for Apple to fix it. They have released already two updates after iOS 7.

I don't know if Apple or Groundspeak is going to solve this problem.

The more details the better for the programmer working on it.

Got together with some friends. Found the following.

Profile/Statistics graphs work fine on all these combinations:

iPod 5th Gen / iOS 6.1.3 or 6.0.1 / Safari or LastPass 2.0.6(browser function)

iPad 2 or iPad 3 / iOS 6.1.3 / Safari or LastPass 2.0.6(browser function) or LastPass Tab Browser 2.0.7

iMac 13,2 or 11,1 or MacBook Pro 8,2 / OS X 10.8.5 / Safari 6.1 or Chrome 30.0.1599.101 or Firefox 25.0

(I think the LastPass browsers depend on iOS-Safari code for a lot of (all?) display functions.)

The bars etc. are missing on the only iOS 7 combination we could test:

iPad Air / iOS 7.0.3 / Safari or LastPass 2.0.6(browser function) or LastPass Tab Browser 2.0.7

The page loads the same whether through "http://..." or "https://...".

No similar issues observed with any other web pages.

* * * * * * Chrome (Ver 30.0.1599.16) for iOS was installed on the iPad Air, and it correctly displays the Statistics graph bars.

Thanks, Keokas for starting this thread and for revealing the "Chrome workaround". Thanks West2East for confirming that Chrome works.

I've been missing these statistics bars for a while as well (months, I think). Running across this thread inspired me to make some tests of my own.

Combinations that work:

OS X 10.8.5/Safari 6.1

OS X 10.8.5/Firefox 25

Android 4.4/Chrome 31

Combinations that fail:

OS X 10.8.5/Chrome 31

iOS 7.0.4/Safari

Now here's the really odd thing. Disabling the plugins that I use with Chrome on OS X restored these bars. They stayed even after I re-enabled all of the plugins. Well, they stayed until I hit the manual refresh button on the statistics page. Then they disappeared again. Maybe. Sometimes they're all there. Sometimes none of them are. I don't see a pattern. At any rate, it's not just iOS 7 and Safari for me.

Edited by wrcedar

Domo!!!

Same here, sorta.

Mavericks & Safari used. Very sporadic results, though.

Mostly DO NOT display, but sometimes DO...

Weird.

I haven't tried other combinations yet. OS (Mac & iOS), browsers, plugins, etc.) Will do later, now that I know others are also facing the same issue.

I'll be watching this forum.

Domo again!!!

Self-reply, and adding more data points to nail down this issue.

New data:

iPod (4th gen) + iOS6 (cannot up to iOS7...) = Stat bars showing!

Mac OS 10.9.1 + Firefox 26.0 = Stat bars showing!

Mac OS 10.9.1 + Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63 = Stat bars showing!

Original data

Mac OS 10.9.1 + Safari 7.0.1 (9537.73.11) = NO Stat bars showing...

More testing result from different environments once back at home...

Domo again!!!

More data points

New data

Mac OS X 10.8.5 + Safari 6.1.1 (8537.73.11) w/Extension or not = Stat bars showing!

Mac OS X 10.8.5 + Firefox 26.0 = Stat bars showing!

Mac OS X 10.8.5 + Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63 = Stat bars showing!

iPad (3rd gen) + iOS7 Safari = NO Stat bars showing...

plus Original data

Mac OS X 10.9.1 + Safari 7.0.1 (9537.73.11) w/Extension or not = NO Stat bars showing...

Mac OS X 10.9.1 + Firefox 26.0 = Stat bars showing!

Mac OS X 10.9.1 + Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63 = Stat bars showing!

iPod (4th gen) + iOS6 Safari (cannot up to iOS7...) = Stat bars showing!

Definitely something fishy about the newest versions of Safari and OSs...

I'm also seeing this behavior on MacOS and Safari. I can use Google Chrome and see the stats fine, but not through Safari.

Safari Version 7.0.1 (9537.73.11)

OSX 10.9.1

I'm still seeing this issue. Any updates to be had? I imagine, given that it seems Safari specific on iOS and OSX platforms (works fine with Safari 5.1.7 on Win Vista) that this may be better directed to Apple, but I'm not techy enough to be sure.

The issue of not seeing some of the charts in the statistics is a known issue with Safari failing to display some Google Chart elements. As far as I know, that is not something that Groundspeak can fix.

Well, a Geocaching.com is your website so you technically could fix it, but that would mean changing your site to use something other than Google Charts. You have made a business decision that the cost of the fix is greater than the cost of not fixing it.

For the other iPad owners in this thread I can confirm the problem occurs on my iPad Mini Retina when using Safari, and the problem is corrected when I download and install Chrome on the Mini.

The issue of not seeing some of the charts in the statistics is a known issue with Safari failing to display some Google Chart elements. As far as I know, that is not something that Groundspeak can fix.

Well, a Geocaching.com is your website so you technically could fix it, but that would mean changing your site to use something other than Google Charts. You have made a business decision that the cost of the fix is greater than the cost of not fixing it.

So, the problem is Google Chart not working in some Apple Safari environments, and is a know issue to developers.

AND, Groundspeak made a decision not to change anything like a temporal work-around, and just wait for a fix to arrive from Google and/or Apple.

I guess that means all affected cachers also just have to wait for the fix.

Oh, well. Hope the giants play nice with each other.

Maps have disappeared now for me too. Chrome on iPad Mini Retina iOS 7.0.4. Also occurs in Safari and Team Outlander is sitting here beside me with the same problem.

Guess it's back to FindStatGen for me.

Yep, Maps are also gone using Mac OS X 10.9.1 + Safari 7.0.1 (9537.73.11) w/Extension or not...

Maps have disappeared now for me too. Chrome on iPad Mini Retina iOS 7.0.4. Also occurs in Safari and Team Outlander is sitting here beside me with the same problem.

Yep, Maps are also gone using Mac OS X 10.9.1 + Safari 7.0.1 (9537.73.11) w/Extension or not...

Further testing - while it does not work in Chrome on my iPad (or iPhone), it DOES work in Chrome on my MacBook OS X 10.9.1 + Chrome 31.0.1650.63

Also works fine on my office computer Windows 7 SP1 with Internet Explorer 11.

Guess Google has it out for Mac users. Too bad Groundspeak's gonna take the hit on this one.

Since I'm not planning to switch to Android (or back to Windows) any time soon, I will source a different method of keeping my stats.

Further testing - while it does not work in Chrome on my iPad (or iPhone), it DOES work in Chrome on my MacBook OS X 10.9.1 + Chrome 31.0.1650.63

Also works fine on my office computer Windows 7 SP1 with Internet Explorer 11

This is interesting. The statistics bars WORK on iPad Mini with Opera Mini, but the maps don't appear

1389759372[/url]' post='5340832']

This is interesting. The statistics bars WORK on iPad Mini with Opera Mini, but the maps don't appear

I think I have my answer for the maps. Went through a bunch of browsers, specifically using the ones that render on remote servers instead of the built in iOS Safari engine that Chrome has to use on the iPad. According to Puffin, the maps on the statistics page use Adobe Flash so they will never work on iOS unless Groundspeak changes technology here, which I am not expecting to happen at all.

So a workaround would be to use Puffin or Skyfire on iOS and make sure you are not blocking Flash under a Safari or Chrome on Mac OS X.

Hi all.

As I can see, this problem is not from side of software vendors solved yet.

I was searching on another forums too. I tried more solutions but without success. (DNS recovery and change, Cookies cleaning, searching for updates and so on) Using Chrome is not the option on MacBook Air because of the huge installation. I deleted Chrome with almost 4 GB :-(.

I`m on Intel based Mac 10.9.1 (so i cannot downgrade to lower version) & Safari 7.0.1.

Did you find some solution?

Domo again!!!

Well, the latest Mac OS X Mavericks & iOS 7 updates have NOT fixed this issue: Still no proper showing of the Stats page using Safari...

Interestingly, iOS 6 update has not affected the correct showing of the Stats page using Safari.

Dr Moro,

So you are saying the problem is in the Mac OS/iOS NOT Safari settings. I notice that Firefox seems to display things correctly.

Domo again!!!

Well, the latest Mac OS X Mavericks & iOS 7 updates have NOT fixed this issue: Still no proper showing of the Stats page using Safari...

Interestingly, iOS 6 update has not affected the correct showing of the Stats page using Safari.

Dr Moro,

So you are saying the problem is in the Mac OS/iOS NOT Safari settings. I notice that Firefox seems to display things correctly.

From all the info here, Safari with either Mac OS X 10 Mavericks or iOS 7, has problems showing the proper Stats page. Seems they do not go well with Google Charts. GO figure...

Most others environments than that, seems to be OK, I guess.

Just have to wait until BIG rivals Apple and Google somehow make it better for the consumers like us.

Domo again!!!

Dr Moro,

From all the info here, Safari with either Mac OS X 10 Mavericks or iOS 7, has problems showing the proper Stats page. Seems they do not go well with Google Charts. GO figure...

Most others environments than that, seems to be OK, I guess.

Just have to wait until BIG rivals Apple and Google somehow make it better for the consumers like us.

On Mac: Safari is a problem on OS/X Mavericks but Firefox and Chrome work properly.

On iPhone/iPad, running iOS7 : Safari is a problem, and other browsers that use Safari to render are a problem as well (which is why Chrome does not work on iOS). Alternates that render remotely like Opera Mini do work, but Groundspeak blocks the Opera Proxy server so we can't use that workaround either.

Same Problems here:

iOS 7.0.4, Safari

OSX 10.9.1, Safari 7.0.1

It would be nice, if we could use the statisticpage with all its Features, again.

Is there a plan to fix it soon?

Greetings from northern germany.

Read post #27.

Maybe there is a plane to change the system.

Maybe it's the fastest way, if the Webadmins change the Statuspage. (if it works)

...is a known issue with Safari failing to display some Google Chart elements. ...

Are there any News from google or apple about this problem?

Benni

Same Problems here:

iOS 7.0.4, Safari

OSX 10.9.1, Safari 7.0.1

It would be nice, if we could use the statisticpage with all its Features, again.

Read post #27.

Maybe it's the fastest way, if the Webadmins change the Statuspage. (if it works)

...is a known issue with Safari failing to display some Google Chart elements. ...

Benni

Why don't you ask them?

Same Problems here:

iOS 7.0.4, Safari

OSX 10.9.1, Safari 7.0.1

Read post #27.

Benni

Why don't you ask them?

Eine offizielle Stellungnahme finde ich leider weder von google noch von Apple.

Der Entwickler hat meiner Erfahrung nach, mehr Chancen Infos zu bekommen, da er das Problem analysiert hat und mehr Informationen dazu hat.

Leider sagt er "Google oder Apple müssen es lösen".

Ich sehe es so, dass es nichts bringt, die Schuld auf wen anders zu schieben (google oder Apple würden auch an den Entwickler oder an sich gegenseitig verweisen).

Meiner Meinung nach, gibt es 2 Möglichkeiten:

a) Warten auf ein Update von Google oder Apple

B) Die Statstikseite anpassen

Bitte entschuldigt, dass ich nicht auf Englisch geschrieben habe, aber ich kann diesen Sachverhalt besser auf Deutsch schreiben ;-)

Greetings

Benni

Has something changed over the weekend?

Not fully sure, but in Mac OS X 10.9.2 + Safari 7.0.2, everything is the Stats page is now showing fully and correctly.

Fixed? By whom? Google? Groundspeak? Apple?

In any case, good to go.

Has something changed over the weekend?

Not fully sure, but in Mac OS X 10.9.2 + Safari 7.0.2, everything is the Stats page is now showing fully and correctly.

Fixed? By whom? Google? Groundspeak? Apple?

In any case, good to go.

Maps are back for me but Finds per Month, Cumulative Finds per Month, Cache Types I've Found, Container Types I've Found and Distance to Finds are not displaying.

This is on Mac OSX 10.9.2, Safari 7.0.2 (9357.74.9).

On my iOS 7.1 devices still total failure here.