Triton 400 help needed

CM2080

I purchased a Magellan Triton 400 GPS on eBay and when it arrived it had a blank white screen. On top of the screen is "File Run HDD Update Help X"

I'm lost. I have no idea what to do. It came with no software, no data cable, nothing. Does anyone have one of these? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the issue? Does anyone know if you there is software for Mac for this GPS?

Please help!!!! Thank you!

I purchased a Magellan Triton 400 GPS on eBay and when it arrived it had a blank white screen. On top of the screen is "File Run HDD Update Help X"

I'm lost. I have no idea what to do. It came with no software, no data cable, nothing. Does anyone have one of these? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the issue? Does anyone know if you there is software for Mac for this GPS?

Yes, I have two of the units and I've been working with Magellan as a Beta Tester for years and I hate to tell you, the unit is toast. The reason the unit is doing that it because the software on the unit is corrupt and there is no way to reload the unit without special equipment. You could send it to Jungle Ghost http://www.jungleghost.com and have it repaired, but to be honest it would cost more than the unit is worth. Unfortunately the Triton line has several problems and when MiTac bought out Magellan the line was dropped before all of the issues could be fixed...

At one point I did have the ability to repair the units, but I no longer have the stuff to do it!

Sorry,

David

Magellan Insider

complain e-bay and get your money back, the Magellan triton model are nothing but junk. For a while Magellan was taking them back and offering a credit toward one of the new explorist versions, that is how I got my 710