toughest cache in Oklahoma?

hipsterdoofus

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the toughest cache in the state. I believe there is one up in the north east that requires a boat to reach (although not sure if that makes the cache "tough"). So far some of the more difficult caches i have encountered have been chandlers challenge (not in existence anymore but somewhat difficult terrain) and deadhead crack, which is in the same area. Also an honorable mention goes to Challenging cache #1 in Norman. Even though I say these are tough, I have heard of some in other states that seem a lot more difficult than these. Are there some harder ones in the state?

-HipsterDo0fus

Edmond, OK

In OK, "Happy Holidays" is the only one that's stumped me so far. It may actually be missing because no one has found it since Jan 14. All the leaf debris, the tree cover, and the steep hill make it challenging. It's in the same area as Tom's first, which I did find, which was hidden almost too well.

As for hard, but interesting, the "Gordian Knot" in Austin wins hands down in my book. I tried to find it 4 times and failed each time. Next time I go back I'm going to find it, by Gwar!

I changed the container and placement for "View from Above" so that it is much more difficult for casual finders. It may be more difficult for actual finders as well. I did the same for "Down by the River".

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg

How about a 5/5 in Wichita, Ks.?

Next time your up this way come check it out, for most people it takes a few trips to complete so be prepared for a challenge. So far it looks like several groups have been successful, It seems to be easier with a group effort, but I can maintain it solo with no problems. Currently it is inactive due to someone leaving the cache open to the elements, but I should have it back up and running soon..hopefully this weekend!

Sitting on a Spider

Have fun and be careful! icon_smile.gif

C-Troop

How about a 5/5 in Wichita, Ks.?

Next time your up this way come check it out, for most people it takes a few trips to complete so be prepared for a challenge. So far it looks like several groups have been successful, It seems to be easier with a group effort, but I can maintain it solo with no problems. Currently it is inactive due to someone leaving the cache open to the elements, but I should have it back up and running soon..hopefully this weekend!

Sitting on a Spider

Have fun and be careful! icon_smile.gif

C-Troop

I guess that would be the ultimately most difficult cache..one that doesn't exist :-) Myself and 3 others spent an hour looking for Happy Holidays...I personally think it was a victim of the ice storm, although everyone who has found it that I have talked to said it was really difficult. Was able to find Tom's first though...it required a lot of searching as well. Might have to go back to "View from above" just to check out the new location! Not sure how you have "Down by the river" hidden now, but I liked the original method of hiding...different than other caches around! (By the way, question i've always had about that one...there are no trespassing signs around that area...whats the story on that?)

HipsterDo0fus

Edmond, OK

So long as you stay in the river area, you won't run into any trouble. People have been riding their ATV's and having wienie roasts there for 30 years. It is private property, but no one has asserted their rights to the river area. I suspect the "No Trespassing" signs are their way of preventing a lawsuit should someone get hurt on their property.

The new cache is placed above the likely flood plain and away from ATV trails, but close enough to the river to keep searchers from getting into trouble. It's the same basic design as the original container, just smaller and placed in a different manner.

If you've already found it, there's no compelling reason to go again unless you've got a newbie looking for something different. In that case, definitely try "View from above" again.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg

[This message was edited by TresOkies on April 30, 2002 at 10:19 AM.]

Well, I enjoyed view from above and of course the scenery is great there, so I think it is a good place to take a newbie. I am glad that you have some caches out that way, even though I am from Edmond, it is nice to have an excuse to head out that way and I need to go out there again soon.

-HipsterDo0fus

Edmond, OK