maintenance on karpathos

stephan99

Hi Stephan,

Well, Karpathos is realy far away and difficult to reach, it's an island at the edge of Greece!

Typically we can take over maintenance because we live in Crete and the reviewer only calculates km in order to publish a cache. So, if you need to use our name for maintenance, it will work.

But this will be only typical! We are not able to really maintain the cache. So you should hide it extremely well and far away from muggles, get a good, waterproof container and a big logbook. And you must know that in case it needs maintenance, you may have to archive it.

Another option for you are fellow geocachers who live on Rhodes, but I suppose the problem is the same.

Hi!

On our journey through the beautiful island of Karpathos I hid a geocache on the top of the Kali Limni. Now I've got the same problem as Stephan. The cache was not accepted, because of the distance from my home country Austira to Karpathos.

The cache is well hid in a plastic box in a whole in a big rock a bit far from the way to the top of the mountain.

And now I'm looking for somebody taking maintenance for my geocache.

Thankfully with greetings from Austria,

stenika

Hi wind&water!

Thanks for the quick response!

That's all I need! If I can use your name, that would be perfect! I'm doing maintenance on my own and with a little help from other geocachers!

Someone will contact you and ask you, if you will do the maintenance for my cache. Please affirm this question, so that my cache can continue!

Thank you very very much!

Yours,

stenika

Hi Stenika,

I got this e-mail from Crow T Robot, the reviewer:

Greetings. A geocacher from Austria named Stenika tells me that you are willing to maintain one of her geocaches on Karpathos. Are you willing to visit Karpathos and make the 4 hour hike to Kαλή Λίμνη when the cache is in need of maintenance? Thank you.

Ed

I know that the other reviewer for Greece, Eric88, has never sent me such an e-mail but it seems Crow T Robot is more persistent. Unfortunately I don't feel like telling a lie and answering yes. So, I am afraid there is no geocacher to maintain this new cache of yours.

I am really sorry for this.

Greetings

Nana