Grab atrackable.

Nosmo  King

I use "grab" is when the trackable is listed in a different cache than where I actually picked it up.

I have also picked up travelers out of a cache which still showed being in a cacher's hands. I give them some time to log it into the cache (a week sometimes depending on various factors) and then "grab" it from them. In those cases, I usually log a visit for it into the cache from which I retrieved it.

Can someone explain why anyone would "grab" a trackable? What is the point? Thanks in advance.

I can't speak for others, but I find it easier to grab a TB/Coin that to suck it up with a straw, or use telekinesis.

This is one of those things, where it means exactly what it's called. Is there a better way to say you grabbed it from me? Stolen? Dissapeared?

Can someone explain why anyone would "grab" a trackable? What is the point? Thanks in advance.

Why do you keep starting new threads when your questions have been answered already in other threads?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=315660

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=315528

To find the other threads you've started, click on the downward pointing arrow beside your username at the top. Once the dropdown menu is visible, click on "my content" and you will get a list of your previous posts.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Why do you keep starting new threads when your questions have been answered already in other threads?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=315660

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=315528

To find the other threads you've started, click on the downward pointing arrow beside your username at the top. Once the dropdown menu is visible, click on "my content" and you will get a list of your previous posts.

B.

#1. I'm just trying to understand the point of "grabbing" a trackable.

#2. The subjects are different to me.

I can't speak for others, but I find it easier to grab a TB/Coin that to suck it up with a straw, or use telekinesis.

This is one of those things, where it means exactly what it's called. Is there a better way to say you grabbed it from me? Stolen? Dissapeared?

But what's the point of grabbing a trackable? Do you benefit from it?

OK, in that you do not understand "anywhere other than a cache it has been logged into"....

This means:

If you find it in a cache in which it IS NOT logged into that cache inventory;

If you find one laying on a street corner, or some other place it normally wouldn't be;

If somebody HANDS you a TB to take on your travels...

These are typically the times a person would "Grab" a trackable.

The named instances above will not allow you to "Retrieve" a trackable. You must log a "Grab".

The point is to place it into your personal inventory so that you can later place or "Drop" it into a cache. If it is not in your inventory, you cannot properly log it elsewhere.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

OK, in that you do not understand "anywhere other than a cache it has been logged into"....

This means:

If you find it in a cache in which it IS NOT logged into that cache inventory;

If you find one laying on a street corner, or some other place it normally wouldn't be;

If somebody HANDS you a TB to take on your travels...

These are typically the times a person would "Grab" a trackable.

The named instances above will not allow you to "Retrieve" a trackable. You must log a "Grab".

The point is to place it into your personal inventory so that you can later place or "Drop" it into a cache. If it is not in your inventory, you cannot properly log it elsewhere.

This now makes sense to me. Thank you for your patience and excellent answer.