Wherigo Foundation: Windows Phone Player development thread

Mangatome

Update - Version 1.0.10

For a change, I wanted to work a bit on features instead of bugs, so I added a map of the game.

Map1.jpg

The map displays visible zones, characters and items as well as the player's position and accuracy.

You can tap on characters and items to see more info about them.

I also improved how the app reacts to being disabled for a while.

In most cases you should be able to resume the game where you left it when going back to the app. When it is impossible to resume, the app will let you know why.

(Later, the app will be better at resuming the game, but as said in this post, it is not a trivial problem.)

How to update

As usual:

• For developer-unlocked phones: simply grab the XAP file and deploy it.
  • For the rest: if you have the app already, simply update with the Marketplace app or browsing to the app's page. If not, send me an e-mail to get an invite. (If you have sent me an e-mail already, I am coming back to you shortly.)

I have created my own cartridge and I have added multiple "save game" calls on it, but it seems like no save games are being created. At least I cannot see the save games being added to the saved games list. I can see only the manually saved games. The cartridge is http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=4a4480e7-865d-41bf-9d59-756edc40f767.

Also, the app has stucked on "stopping cartridge" once every time I have been playing a Wherigo and the only way to break out is to press windows-button and then restart the app.

I have experienced the same problems with different cartridge (http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=a0b9b95a-cfc8-43b1-931c-93a0faba75f8). The app got stuck on "stopping cartridge" every time I tied to exit the game. And I had to do it very often because every time I went to another zone and tried to meet a current goal the app did not react to pressing on any item in the inventory or task menu. I was able to scroll the menu but I was not able to choose any option. The only way was to restart the app.

Anyway, I am looking forward to try out the newest version. Thanks for your work.

I also have the same problem with the snakes and ladders Wherigo mentioned earlier. I go to the new zone after spinning and then after arriving in the new zone I can't access the spinner or zones. I can save the cartridge though and then when exciting it also gets stuck. I then restart the app and load the saved cartridge and continue the game.

Well done on adding the map. Very nice and helpful.

Also, the app has stucked on "stopping cartridge" once every time I have been playing a Wherigo and the only way to break out is to press windows-button and then restart the app.

I have experienced the same problems with different cartridge (http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=a0b9b95a-cfc8-43b1-931c-93a0faba75f8). The app got stuck on "stopping cartridge" every time I tied to exit the game. And I had to do it very often because every time I went to another zone and tried to meet a current goal the app did not react to pressing on any item in the inventory or task menu. I was able to scroll the menu but I was not able to choose any option. The only way was to restart the app.

I also have the same problem with the snakes and ladders Wherigo mentioned earlier. I go to the new zone after spinning and then after arriving in the new zone I can't access the spinner or zones. I can save the cartridge though and then when exciting it also gets stuck. I then restart the app and load the saved cartridge and continue the game.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have received crash reports and I will investigate.

Love the map. I figured out why app closed when opening the game box. I was indoors and it didn't pick up a GPS signal and then closed the app. Well at least that's what I think. Have not had the problem occur when outdoors.

My own investigation of what the cartridge does when "Setup Game" is pressed supports this.

For once, the cartridge isn't faulty. A Wherigo cartridge shouldn't be able to be ran unless a location fix has been made.

I will have to implement checks that prevent starting a cartridge if no location fix is made or if the location services are disabled.

Thanks for the update! I will try it out soon.

I have a few minor issues to report:

1) Empty cartidge tiles:

Not all the cartridges have an icon and in my case I have many of those. If a cartridge has no icon, Geowigo should not show the empty tile.

no_icons.jpg

2) Button text is truncated:

Sentences tend to be rather long in Finnish and thus the button texts get truncated quite often. Would it be possible to enlarge the buttons?

small_button.jpg

3) Marker misaligned:

The marker for the start location seems to be a bit misaligned. The red arrow points the correct location (approximately):

wrong_loc.jpg

The correct location:

correct_loc.jpg

4) HTML-tags are not filtered out:

See the above image.

1) Empty cartidge tiles:

Not all the cartridges have an icon and in my case I have many of those. If a cartridge has no icon, Geowigo should not show the empty tile.

no_icons.jpg

Sentences tend to be rather long in Finnish and thus the button texts get truncated quite often. Would it be possible to enlarge the buttons?

small_button.jpg

3) Marker misaligned:

The marker for the start location seems to be a bit misaligned. The red arrow points the correct location (approximately):

wrong_loc.jpg

The correct location:

correct_loc.jpg

See the above image.

1) Empty cartidge tiles:

no_icons.jpg

small_button.jpg

3) Marker misaligned:

wrong_loc.jpg

The correct location:

correct_loc.jpg

See the above image.

1: Disagreed that these icons shouldn't be displayed, but agreed that they shouldn't be empty. I will later have default icons depending on the cartridge's activity type.

2: Not easily. This is a standard Windows Phone view; the button's size is set in stone AFAIK. This would require designing a message box view from scratch and I'm trying to avoid that. Original WP design guidelines recommended to let texts overflow if they are too big for a container. Besides, long strings are not guaranteed to be fully displayed on legacy devices like Garmins. French is quite lengthy too but authors usually try to keep it short in buttons.

3 and 4: Those are weird. Please double check with version 1.0.10. I suspect the issues will remain, I will have to investigate.

We've now used the app to complete the following four caches:

http://coord.info/GC3RKRF

http://coord.info/GC42QTX

http://coord.info/GC31DRH

http://coord.info/GC3082Q

All completed using the latest version (1.0.10.0), no issues providing we kept the app open on-screen to avoid tombstoning except that text did not wrap and we couldn't resize it (happened once when answering a multiple choice question).

For this cache however it doesn't seem to work (no places of interest, nothing in inventory, in short..nothing) http://coord.info/GC3J7RG

Loving the whereigos now that we're able to play them, thank you so much for this app!

Edit: All the caches above are located in a different country to our home (UK) so the map feature didn't really work too well as we had no internet connection to update bing maps.

Edited by UlsterLatinos

Loaded .10 version on Lumia 920 and headed out to try this out today. Exciting with a promising Windows Phone version of the player. Thanks for persevering on this quest :)

I hit a number of snafus that looks like mostly already reported issues and a couple of new ones. You might have gotten sufficient telemetry for these already, but I'll try to line out what things I experienced. In the end no luck completing GC2894C today, but I got a number of attempts on it, so I hope the crashes are helpful :)

In no particular order:

1) Very "jumpy" processing of coordinates. GPS was generally reasonably stable, but within the player it was bouncing quite a lot

2) Seemingly random experience when starting the game, get the message "You may not use this cartridge while in simulation mode" -> "The game is ending. The cartridge has requested to be terminated. The game has been automatically saved, and you will now be taken back to the main menu of the app." Killed the app sometimes let it start - sometimes just back to problem.

3) Not being able to select or trigger anything in the app. The elements like the ones in World and Inventory react to the touch, but nothing happens. Click the map icon, nothing happens. Distances still update, but game is not letting the user interact. Kill, pick autosaved game and (2) would typically kick in. Kill game and restart game would sometimes give (2), sometimes allow to start the game from the start.

4) When backing out of the game getting hung on "Stopping cartridge..." screen. Kill game to get out.

5) World shows "Unknown" distance to objects - sometimes allowing to interact - sometimes not. Looks like this is a situation just prior to ending up in situation (3).

Keep going! I'm ready for .11 :)

Hi,

With the latest update, we tried to play a cartridge abroad (http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=38954f22-df62-49b9-a28d-91823be824aa).

Everything went fine but:

a) for navigation, of course, without access to the internet, no maps. All WP8.1 devices will get HERE drive+ (and maps) for free, with offline maps. My geocaching app (maaloo http://maaloo7.wordpress.com/) can use the offline HERE maps stored on the device. This would be great to have the same here, because navigating with just an arrow + distance in a city like London is not really practical,

B) the unlock code we got doesn't seem to work. I realised the app never asked me my username; the Wherigo website offers 3 possibilities to unlock a cartridge :

1) upload the saved game. Is it possible with the current app ?

2) unlock code. So it doesn't work

3) unlock code specifiying the username which was used --> is there something I'm missing?

Except this, it never crashed or had any defects while playing.

Thank you all for trying the app and reporting issues.

I hope it enables some of you to get that Collector souvenir ;)

The issue of offline maps is recurring, but it's not something I will be able to tackle in a while.

I confess I still own a WP 7 and a Windows 7 PC, so I cannot properly build and test features for Windows Phone 8 yet.

I added this to the backlog for the final release, though.

2) Seemingly random experience when starting the game, get the message "You may not use this cartridge while in simulation mode" -> "The game is ending. The cartridge has requested to be terminated. The game has been automatically saved, and you will now be taken back to the main menu of the app." Killed the app sometimes let it start - sometimes just back to problem.

This problem occurs for cartridges which have been built with older versions of Urwigo.

The cartridge checks for GPS accuracy, and decides that if this accuracy is exactly 3 meters, the device is an emulator. It then triggers an exit.

You should contact the cartridge's owner and tell them to download the latest version of Urwigo, rebuild the cartridge and update the GWZ on the website.

I'm also thinking of dirty workarounds in the app to prevent accuracies of exactly 3 meters from happening.

B) the unlock code we got doesn't seem to work. I realised the app never asked me my username; the Wherigo website offers 3 possibilities to unlock a cartridge :

1) upload the saved game. Is it possible with the current app ?

2) unlock code. So it doesn't work

3) unlock code specifiying the username which was used --> is there something I'm missing?

Except this, it never crashed or had any defects while playing.

1) No. I want to implement logging and savegame sync next. It should ship with 1.0.11.

2) Can you send me the GWC file you played?

3) Nope. Your username is contained in the GWC file, so the unlock code should be already for your nickname. Unless you downloaded the GWC from another account. Again, the app will never ask for a username, because the GWC file supplies this information.

1) No. I want to implement logging and savegame sync next. It should ship with 1.0.11.

2) Can you send me the GWC file you played?

3) Nope. Your username is contained in the GWC file, so the unlock code should be already for your nickname. Unless you downloaded the GWC from another account. Again, the app will never ask for a username, because the GWC file supplies this information.

Thanks for your response. For 2), done by email :)

Hi,

Just updated the latest Geowigo to my Lumia 720 (WP 8.1 Developer Preview, as MS has not yet released official update for this... at least not here in Finland).

Anyway, those test Wherigo cards work fine but I am having problems with this: http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4N0NG_kadonnutta-puutourulaa-etsimassa

I downloaded card from the web site (Tried Oregon and Pocket Pc versions) and uploaded it to my Onedrive account. Next I opened the Geowigo on my Lumia and it linked with my Onedrive account. Geowigo loaded card, at least I can see it in the main view.

Then I tried to open it. Ok, this Wherigo can be opened but then I tried to play it... Nope, it gets stuck in the loading -view. And it just keeps on going there, the dots fly in the view but this Wherigo just won't start. I am not sure if it tried to load something from the net. Anyway, If I don't press Back -button(The Left Arrow) this just goes on and on... And pressing Back -button brings up the dialog: Are you sure to cancel, you lose everything...(Not sure that the text was :-) )

Restarting Geowigo did not help either. I then tried to load other cards from our region (Jyväskylä, Finland) eg. http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC3YH7H_jyvaskylan-julkiset-taideteokset-mattilanniemi

Same step with this, loaded from net, uploaded to Onedrive, opened Geowigo, Geowigo loads the card and voila -> This one I can play!!

From the logs of the first card that I mentioned, I see that someone has been able to play it with Lumia. Ok, Not sure what type of Lumia he/she has but I think that card works with Geowigo.

So, If someone else has Lumia 720 could they try this http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4N0NG_kadonnutta-puutourulaa-etsimassa ?

Just try to get it to Geowigo and see if it works, and does not get stuck in the loading -view.

Br,

TeamLeppis @ Finland :-)

So, If someone else has Lumia 720 could they try this http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4N0NG_kadonnutta-puutourulaa-etsimassa ?

Just try to get it to Geowigo and see if it works, and does not get stuck in the loading -view.

I tested that http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4N0NG_kadonnutta-puutourulaa-etsimassa with my Lumia 620 and I can´t make it work, it only stays in Loading cartridge-view.

Hey, thanks for reporting this.

This was a bug related (ironically) to the bug-reporting library I'm using. It seems to happen when the cartridge title starts with a whitespace.

It will be fixed in 1.0.11.

I tried the Wherigo http://coord.info/GC4R36V yesterday with my Nokia Lumia 920 .First I had some problems with the handling of the cardrige but that was my failure. :rolleyes: . Version 1.0.10.0 worked excellent .Leaving the Zones -and coming back with no problems .The only thing was ,that I had to store the game after the most stages manually. I think this is more a task for the owner of the Wherigo. The result of my test : Well done ,I think I have to donate a few cups of coffee to Mangatome. ;)

I tried the Wherigo http://coord.info/GC4R36V yesterday with my Nokia Lumia 920 .First I had some problems with the handling of the cardrige but that was my failure. :rolleyes: . Version 1.0.10.0 worked excellent .Leaving the Zones -and coming back with no problems .The only thing was ,that I had to store the game after the most stages manually. I think this is more a task for the owner of the Wherigo. The result of my test : Well done ,I think I have to donate a few cups of coffee to Mangatome. ;)

Thanks =).

Triggering a savegame is indeed the cartridge author's responsability. There are very simple commands that a cartridge can use to trigger an autosave, but if the author has not used them, nothing will happen. (Note that this is nothing new, back on the Garmins people needed to save after each stage.)

Geowigo cannot know when it's relevant to trigger a savegame, so it doesn't. The least it can do is to make it as easy for the user to save the game manually. (Work in progress.)

Hi at all,

at first i want to thank you programming a wig-app for WP.

After recieving the invitation, i downloaded today the latest version on my Lumia 800 with WP 7.5.

The problem now is, that i can't download cartridges.

I uploaded a wig-cartridge on my OneDrive and linked them with the app, but it says that no cartridges where found.

To eliminate errors of the cartridge, i tried the cartridge that Heracross has played without problems, but same here, no cartridges found.

Edit: I tried it with all four cartridge-versions.

Any idea?

Edited by capsai

Hi at all,

at first i want to thank you programming a wig-app for WP.

After recieving the invitation, i downloaded today the latest version on my Lumia 800 with WP 7.5.

The problem now is, that i can't download cartridges.

I uploaded a wig-cartridge on my OneDrive and linked them with the app, but it says that no cartridges where found.

To eliminate errors of the cartridge, i tried the cartridge that Heracross has played without problems, but same here, no cartridges found.

Edit: I tried it with all four cartridge-versions.

Any idea?

Did you put the files inside a "Geowigo" folder at the root of your OneDrive?

Once you do, open the app and press "sync cartridges" in the menu.

If nothing appears, uninstall the app, install it again and link your OneDrive account again.

Today I started my first beta with Geowigo with a 16km long distance hike. Here you can find the cachelisting: W 09 #1 Kassel-Steig "Catweazle" (http://coord.info/GC48R3Z). During my hike everthing went fine :D, but one feature I really missed: Proximity alarm :antenna: - During our hike I always had to check if we had reached the next station. It would be helpfull to get a little "beep" at a distance around 20-40m to the next point.

Thanks for this great app which enables Windows-Phone-User to play Wherigo. :smile:

Today I started my first beta with Geowigo with a 16km long distance hike. Here you can find the cachelisting: W 09 #1 Kassel-Steig "Catweazle" (http://coord.info/GC48R3Z). During my hike everthing went fine :D, but one feature I really missed: Proximity alarm :antenna: - During our hike I always had to check if we had reached the next station. It would be helpfull to get a little "beep" at a distance around 20-40m to the next point.

Thanks for this great app which enables Windows-Phone-User to play Wherigo. :smile:

The app can't know what "the next point" is. It strongly depends on cartridges. There is actually a command Wherigo cartridge authors can use to trigger a small beep. I suggest you lobby the owner of this cartridge to have them use sound alerts :)

Edited by Mangatome

Perhaps what the user community is asking for is a player app feature that will beep when the device comes within a certain distance from any active, visible zone. Users can turn this proximity alarm on or off and set the alarm distance at the app level. For those people who turn off their cell phone screens and walk towards the next zone, it would help draw their attention back to the app (or for some cartridges that require a user to run to the next zone before a timer expires).

That would be realy a nice feature, but would nnever happen on smartphones. Normally apps are stopped, when the smartphone goes off, so the app don't run, while the user is walking around. A workaround is to blank the screen, while the app is runing. But this isn't allowed on iOS, because apps could do bad things without showing it to users.

So, if there is someone who have a better knowledge of smartphone programming, it would be nice, if s/he could describe a solution.

Perhaps what the user community is asking for is a player app feature that will beep when the device comes within a certain distance from any active, visible zone. Users can turn this proximity alarm on or off and set the alarm distance at the app level. For those people who turn off their cell phone screens and walk towards the next zone, it would help draw their attention back to the app (or for some cartridges that require a user to run to the next zone before a timer expires).

The GPS stopps, when you turn off the screen. During my hike I used a mobile charger and left the screen on. I heard from a friend, who created some Wherigos, that you can put a sounddata to a cartridge. What I mean, is a proximity alarm when you come near the next the point, so that the App is drawing the users attention.

charlenni and Hide*seek: I'm afraid you are wrong. When you lock the screen when running Drive+, for instance, GPS is not stopped and actually, the voice navigation continues. it depends on the app, if it uses the capabilities offered by the OS to run as a background process.

Maaloo geocaching, which is my regular geocaching app, allows that "proximity" alarm (you can set the distance) even when the device is locked.

I'm afraid the real issue will be for Mangatome to have to develop for WP8.0 or even better 8.1, to take full advantage of the new features of the OS, but without owning one, which is a big drawback.But this evolution is inescapable: when the new Lumia shipping Denim/WP8.1 GDR1 are released by the end of this month, the proportion of devices running 8.1 will go beyond the tipping point and I guess most of the apps will be updated to 8.1 only versions to, again, take full advantage of the features of 8.1 (so far, we have 8.0 compiled apps that run ALSO on 8.1).

So what you are asking is actually possible with WP8.1 (and probably 8.0 as well, as Maaloo geocaching features such a proximity alarm).

I'm afraid the real issue will be for Mangatome to have to develop for WP8.0 or even better 8.1, to take full advantage of the new features of the OS, but without owning one, which is a big drawback.

But Mangatome is developing for WinPhone below version 8.

It's true that I only own a Windows Phone 7 and a Windows 7 computer. So I can't add those WP8+ features right now.

But H_M is right, it's inevitable that I will have to one day. Whatever dies first, phone or computer, I will have to renew both in order to support Geowigo.

When it finally hits the marketplace, I expect the app to have a WP7 version, and an enhanced, WP8 version, including namely a background service, and better Lua performances.

I will just try for the next years to add as many features in the WP7 version as possible. That's why I'm not rushing it: there's a bunch of stuff the app lacks that can work with WP7, so I'll focus on these things first.

I've installed today Geowigo on my Lumia 720, WP8.1. At first had problem with the cartridge downloading (real men do not read the instructions ... :D ), but then I understood my mistake, and everything is OK.

The first impression is very good. On weekends, I will go try a real runs.

Edited by Valdis.pp

So I have never done a Wherigo, mainly because I have no to way of playing the cartridges. After Aug. Challenge, I had to pass a few to get other Caches, so this has made me look into them more.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920, recently updated to 8.1

I'd like to know if I'd be able to use your App and if so, how would I go about acquiring it?

*sorry if the answer is somewhere in the pages of this forum I was not seeing it at 1st glance*

I'd like to know if I'd be able to use your App and if so, how would I go about acquiring it?

*sorry if the answer is somewhere in the pages of this forum I was not seeing it at 1st glance*

All instructions were on the first post of this topic ;)

See below.

I guess the easiest is you send me a private message to tell me what is your phone's Microsoft account (or Live ID) e-mail address.

Then I add you to the list and you get an e-mail at this address with instructions.

TL;DR - Quick facts:

- Work in progress

- For Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 8.

- Free and open-source.

The App is in Beta!

• For developer-unlocked phones: simply grab the latest XAP file and deploy it. More instructions in this post.

• Getting the app from the Store: It is on invite-only. Send me your Windows Phone's Live ID E-mail Address in a private message. I will come back to you with instructions.

Update - Version 1.0.11

It's update time! :grin:

There's a whole bunch of stuff in this one, most of it was requested by users, so I hope it will be well-received :).

Three new features are rolling with this update:

1. Logging - the app keeps .gwl logs of each cartridge play session.
  2. Save and log syncing through OneDrive - the app will download cartridges (*.gwc) and savegames (*.gws) and will upload savegames (*.gws) and log files (*.gwl). See below for instructions.
  3. Player+device info screen - displays location and compass info, as well as warnings and advices to fix common problems.

This update also fixes a bunch of problems people have encountered. Worth mentioning is this engine crash which stuck the app on "Loading cartridge...". The truth is not all problems are Geowigo's fault: if a cartridge or a savegame is faulty, the app cannot do anything to go on with the game. Therefore, from now on the app will let you know when such a cartridge-related problem occurs, and will nicely go back to the main menu without crashing.

How to synchronize from OneDrive

Note: Because of the new uploading feature, users who already have a previous version of the app on their phones will have to uninstall it before installing the latest version. If you don't, Geowigo will simply cease to synchronize your files with OneDrive if you update without uninstalling.

It gets a bit tedious here, but keep in mind this is Beta!

So, in order for the app to download cartridges and savegames from OneDrive, just create a folder named Geowigo at the root of your OneDrive account. Drop your .gwc and .gws files there, and the magic should happen next time you go to Geowigo's main menu (or manually press the "sync cartridges" menu item).

Additionally, in order for the app to upload savegames and log files to OneDrive, you need to create an additional folder named Uploads in your OneDrive's Geowigo folder. If this folder does not exist, the app won't upload a thing (which allows you to disable uploads if your data plan is limited).

Syncing rules differ depending on the file type and the direction of transfer:

• Cartridges (*.gwc) and Savegames (*.gws) are downloaded only if they are not in the app already. (Which means that if you overwrite such a file on OneDrive, it won't be downloaded again by Geowigo unless you rename the file altogether.)
  • Savegames (*.gws) and Log files (*.gwl) are uploaded forcefully every time. (Which means each file gets overwritten and reuploaded every time.) Files in the Uploads folder are never deleted by Geowigo, it's up to you to clear the folder.

How to update

As usual:

• For developer-unlocked phones: simply grab the XAP file and deploy it.
  • For the rest: if you have the app already, simply update with the Marketplace app or browsing to the app's page. If not, send me an e-mail to get an invite. (If you have sent me an e-mail already, I am coming back to you shortly.)

Edited by Mangatome

Arrgh! I was running a cartridge which requires savegames, it's a reverse cache which gives the distance to the cache every time you use it. The aim is to use it as less a possible.

As the app was updated this morning, it lost my saved games. But after having found it and unlocked it, I've now uninstalled totally and reinstalled as requested. Ready for the next cartridge :)

Hello, thanks for the update and for making an Wherigo App for WP:smile: :smile: :smile:

I don´t read all 140 topic :anicute: and there are no settings in the app.

The maps function is cool, but this sponges the datalimit fast up.

It´s possible to use my offline maps (for Here Maps) on the mobilephone?

Arrgh! I was running a cartridge which requires savegames, it's a reverse cache which gives the distance to the cache every time you use it. The aim is to use it as less a possible.

As the app was updated this morning, it lost my saved games. But after having found it and unlocked it, I've now uninstalled totally and reinstalled as requested. Ready for the next cartridge :)

Gosh, I'm sorry! I think there also might be a bug which make savegames disappear sometimes. Have to investigate.

Btw, I tested the new release yesterday, and I may have put the finger on a problem I've had for a long time: I started a game, stopped it, and then resumed a savegame, and in this state, compass and GPS didn't work. Am I the only one to experience this?

Hello, thanks for the update and for making an Wherigo App for WP:smile: :smile: :smile:

I don´t read all 140 topic :anicute: and there are no settings in the app.

The maps function is cool, but this sponges the datalimit fast up.

It´s possible to use my offline maps (for Here Maps) on the mobilephone?

I'm afraid it's not possible just yet. I don't own a Windows Phone 8 or a Windows 8 OS right now, so I can't develop this feature. (I only have a WP7 and Win 7, which doesn't support Here Maps.)

However, it's been requested many times, so it's definitely on the todo list for public release.

Edited by Mangatome

Hey all.

I won't be online much during the month of October due to travelling and a malfunctioning laptop.

Therefore, I will NOT send any more invite after 5pm UTC today.

People who have sent me invite requests already will be added tonight and will receive instructions right away.

And this will be the last batch to be added until I come back and recover a working station.

So, without further ado, have fun Wherigo'ing and see you in November!

Hi,

first: many thanks to Mangatome for the great and hard work to finally developing a WIG-Player for Windows Phone. :)

Since I've downloaded the app, I have played the following cartridges with my Lumia 925 (WP 8.1):

1) http://coord.info/GC2P7TV

2) http://coord.info/GC2Q23R

3) http://coord.info/GC39RTT

4) http://coord.info/GC2HT08

On the first and second WIG there were no problems. Both worked very well. But both are not very extensive.

The third one worked too. But there were a few problems. I had to reload the catridge a few times, because it was frozen. There was neither a waypoint of me, still an zone for a task on the map.

So I reloaded the savegame and it was working. I had to do this 6-8 times during the game. But I completed the game.

I couldn’t play the last cartridge. After the second task, the following message appeared

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141104/udrpcqvx.png

and the cartridge was closed. But this was the second task and there were many tasks to do. :blink:

After I deleted the savegames of this cartridge it worked well. But this time I came to Task 3 and it broke off again with the same message.

Edited by Heisenberg_

This message happens when the cartridge requests the game to be shutdown. If that happens, it is because of cartridge code.

Possibly, this cartridge has been made with an older version of Urwigo, which is known to provoke this problem on some smartphone devices.

I suggest you contact the cache owner and tell them to recompile the cartridge using the latest version of Urwigo.

Hello

I've used the application without any problems on two Wherigo's. But now I run into a problem.

I uploaded a new Wherigo to Onedrive in the folder "Geowigo" and I deleted the old ones.

I can see the Wherigo when I use the Onedrive App on my thelephone.

But the new Wherigo does not show on in my Geowigo App (and the old ones don't disappear).

Clicking on "sync cartidges" doesn't help.

Is there an other way to upload the cartridges or how can I force (or monitor) the (errors on) sync

I use versiomn 1.0.11.0

I've used the application without any problems on two Wherigo's. But now I run into a problem.

I uploaded a new Wherigo to Onedrive in the folder "Geowigo" and I deleted the old ones.

I can see the Wherigo when I use the Onedrive App on my thelephone.

But the new Wherigo does not show on in my Geowigo App (and the old ones don't disappear).

Clicking on "sync cartidges" doesn't help.

Hi, you may have updated the app from a previous version. Try completely uninstalling the app, and then installing it again. It should work from now on.