Bring your own pen - new attribute?

ApeShaft

Well, the topic title pretty much says it all. I think it would be a good idea to have a new attribute. "Bring your own pen" or something like that for micros etc.

I'm curious, how many micros have you seen that contained a pen or pencil? Of the 681 micros I have found, only 2 or 3 contained a pencil stub. To me caching without a pen is like caching without a GPS device. In general I find attributes to be of little value as they are not normally sent to the GPS.

Well, the topic title pretty much says it all. I think it would be a good idea to have a new attribute. "Bring your own pen" or something like that for micros etc.

I agree with the previous two people that a BYOP attribute would add very little to a cache. Especially when micros are concerned, I assume I need to bring a pen myself. I'm always happily surprised if one is available but for the 657 caches I found so far, the amount of caches that had a pen where clearly in the minority.

I agree with the previous two people that a BYOP attribute would add very little to a cache. Especially when micros are concerned, I assume I need to bring a pen myself. I'm always happily surprised if one is available but for the 657 caches I found so far, the amount of caches that had a pen where clearly in the minority.

A pen is my #2 tool for geocaching, right after my GPS. While a pen is a given for micros and numerous incorrectly sized smalls <_< I've needed a pen for all sizes of caches. Even caches where the owner included a pen but it's been damaged or removed.

While a BYOP attribute is a good idea I think it's a better idea just to err on the side of caution and always BYOP.

We usually have more than enough writing instruments, with every bag having a few.

I rarely do them, but assume that any micro and many smalls require you to bring a pen.

Common sense, really.

I find it kinda odd how many cache pages of micros CJ did that still notes, "BYOP", when she's only found two since we started that had one in it.