Unofficial "International Waymarking Day"

lumbricus

Hello Folks!

On September 8 2016 International Waymarking Day will be celebrated the second time.

Did you remember this date?

Is is scheduled in your calendars?

Do you have any special plans for that day?

I host an event. Everyone is welcome! :grin:

I'll have to attend VIRTUALLY -- with kids in school, no way to pop over to Europe LOL. Maybe we go out and find a few waymarks here to add. I will try and post a 2016 IWD waymark that I find that day :)

I am in the midst of one of my WM binges -- I have posted 151 new waymarks out of photos from our first 2 days in London. Who knows how many I will have added by the time I am done? We have sailed past 15k visits on this trip already ..... And 5600+ waymarks total.

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

Hello Folks!

On September 8 2016 International Waymarking Day will be celebrated the second time.

Did you remember this date?

Is is scheduled in your calendars?

Do you have any special plans for that day?

Second time? It was started in 2013. Some of us have been celebrating it every year, making this the fourth annual International Waymarking Day. Good idea on lumbricus's part.

So it's ALWAYS on September 8, right? No matter what day of the week that is.

Just making sure.

It seems like August 11 would be a better day to celebrate the birth of Waymarking, as that would be the date of the posting and approval of the very first waymark, WM01.

That's a beginning or birthday, not some arbitrary milestone (100, 1,000, 10,000...) along the way.

So is this going to end up like the U.S. Thanksgiving Day in the 1940s where some folks celebrated it on the 3rd Thursday of November and some on the last Thursday of November?

Arbitrary milestone or not, let's leave it where it already is, since so many of us (all 11 of us!) already have it on our calendars for September 8. What say?