ec publish wait times getting longer for anyone else?

nthacker66

i submitted sunday, its now thrusday. usually i've not waited this long (at least for denials anyway). anyone else in limbo lately?

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Creating EarthCaches

2.3. EarthCache Review

As this team of specially-trained reviewers is relatively small, it may more than three days for your EarthCache to be reviewed. Your patience is appreciated. EarthCache pages are often detailed and complex in nature, therefore needing extra attention.

Looks like the Earthcache article needs to be updated:

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache →

1.2. Publication of Geocaches

We understand that it can be a tense time waiting for your new geocache to be published.

Time to begin review process

If you've successfully submitted a geocache for review, and have read the email from noreply@Geocaching.com, you know that geocache listings are reviewed by volunteers. Reviewers strive to begin the review within 7 days of enabling your listing. You may experience longer than normal waiting time in the week following a holiday, or after a large geocaching event. We ask for your patience. Please keep in mind that reviewers are volunteers and sometimes things come up in their lives that delay geocache review.

B.

i submitted sunday, its now thrusday. usually i've not waited this long (at least for denials anyway). anyone else in limbo lately?

Your particular reviewer(s) may have been at the 2nd International EarthCache Event or perhaps there is a backlog as people 'cover' for other people who did attend.

I haven't submitted any new EarthCaches lately, so I'm sorry I can't comment about timeliness--but I will say I remember when it regularly took weeks to get one published because there were so few reviewers. I hope yours gets attention soon.

This process has normally been faster so I asked if anyone else is experiencing longer than usual wait times. I didn't ask what the guidelines were (which I already know) but thanks for your concern.

You know, Pup Patrol was trying to help you out with his post. Acting less like a jerk and more appreciative tends to yield better results.

That said, Neos2 is correct. The reviewer may have been at the EC event, a backlog or it's simply taking a while. When I have submitted EC's in the past, the time frame for publishing has varied...some in days and some in a lot longer.

I have had one earthcache sitting to be reviewed for now over a month and two others for over two weeks. Yes it is taking a lot longer. I did email them and they said the Earthcache event was part of the reason but now it has been way too long to sit there. I had hope one would have been published by Friday since it is close a big event we have going on. Looks like that won't happen.

I have had one earthcache sitting to be reviewed for now over a month and two others for over two weeks. Yes it is taking a lot longer. I did email them and they said the Earthcache event was part of the reason but now it has been way too long to sit there. I had hope one would have been published by Friday since it is close a big event we have going on. Looks like that won't happen.

I am not sure why the event would be that much of a factor. Are there really that many EC's waiting to be reviewed? If Groundspeak needs more volunteers for EC reviews, perhaps they need to recruit. People shouldn't have to wait this long to have an EC published.

Yes, because four days is both an eternity and a major inconvenience. :rolleyes:

Again, a beacon of support and righteousness. It is like i have to spell everything out on here - i was referring to Log Dawg,

If you don't have anything of value to add to this, please disengage and quit following me around the forums. Thank you.

You know, Pup Patrol was trying to help you out with his post. Acting less like a jerk and more appreciative tends to yield better results.

Again, a beacon of support and righteousness. It is like i have to spell everything out on here - i was referring to Log Dawg,

If you don't have anything of value to add to this, please disengage and quit following me around the forums. Thank you.

I rest my case.

I already did offer you sound advice about the publishing of Earthcaches. You ignoring it does not constitute not adding anything of value. Furthermore, don't accuse people of unfounded actions. I watch the Earthcache forums for new topics, so that is why this one came to my attention. Anything more sinister is just a figment of your imagination.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I rest my case.

I already did offer you sound advice about the publishing of Earthcaches. You ignoring it does not constitute not adding anything of value. Furthermore, don't accuse people of unfounded actions. I watch the Earthcache forums for new topics, so that is why this one came to my attention. Anything more sinister is just a figment of your imagination.

Sadly there is no real block feature like one has on the social networks. So instead, I have to continue to put up with the multitude os taunts in these forums. Don't you feel proud of yourself for being one that ALWAYS seems to be in the mix of people who do so?

I rest my case.

Sadly there is no real block feature like one has on the social networks. So instead, I have to continue to put up with the multitude os taunts in these forums. Don't you feel proud of yourself for being one that ALWAYS seems to be in the mix of people who do so?

Yes, because you never bring anything upon yourself. :rolleyes:

I rest my case.

Nope. I am just done with it. I will report it every time from now on. Now I asked you to disengage once already. I am asking you again.

Edited by nthacker66

I rest my case.

Nope. I am just done with it. I will report it every time from now on. Now I asked you to disengage once already. I am asking you again.

There is an ignore user option.

It takes more then one person to engage in a conversation...

I rest my case.

That ignore feature is about as useful as a doorknob on a brick wall lol.

I know it takes two but it just seems it is the same people post after post after post that taunt and harass me. And as soon as I defend myself I have forum moderators all over me. I a fed up and sick and tired of it so I will simply report it every time it happens.

There is an ignore user option.

It takes more then one person to engage in a conversation...

That ignore feature is about as useful as a doorknob on a brick wall.

It is just that post after post after post I make it is the same people who are taunting and harassing me. And then as soon as I defend myself, I get jumped on by forums moderators. I am fed up with it. I will just report it every time, period.

And this isn't just me. These forums have a widely know reputation of being full of toxicity, mean spirited arrogance that most cachers stay away from. I don't feel I should be scared away or anyone else should by the fear of dealing with people like arthur&trillian. Or the subtly of condescending posts such as citing guidelines I was already VERY well aware of (and pup patrol has taunted me before, so no, he wasn't being helpful).

Why is it that people cannot post a question of even the slightest constructive criticism of a process? Why is it such a crime on here to be agitated that someone put the work into finding a good place, studying it, developing the material for the earthcache and have to sit waiting an waiting and waiting for it to be published and NOT say anything about it because they fear either someone is going to rip their life apart in the forums or have some retaliation from a moderator or a reviewer for daring question them? Seriously, does nobody else see this as a problem?

Edited by nthacker66

There are only a handful of Earthcache reviewers in the US, that is normally enough to easily handle the amount coming in. With others that can help out as needed.

However in the last few weeks a number are on vacation, and others planning for and speaking at the Mega Event in Utah. We had 2/3rd of the reviewers that were at the event that live in/review for the US. Along with some of the Reviewers from outside the US (that may have backed us up). A few of us that were planning for, and/or speaking at the event fell further behind. We are playing catch up now. I am digging through the ones closest to being published first, and emails. I am sure the others are doing the same.

There are only a handful of Earthcache reviewers in the US, that is normally enough to easily handle the amount coming in. With others that can help out as needed.

However in the last few weeks a number are on vacation, and others planning for and speaking at the Mega Event in Utah. We had 2/3rd of the reviewers that were at the event that live in/review for the US. Along with some of the Reviewers from outside the US (that may have backed us up). A few of us that were planning for, and/or speaking at the event fell further behind. We are playing catch up now. I am digging through the ones closest to being published first, and emails. I am sure the others are doing the same.

Thank you.