Facebook

Neurotic Terror

My fiancé, my sister, and myself all geocache. And I noticed awhile back that I can share to facebook. I have been trying to do it with no success. It keeps saying that I can't have more than one account linked to an email.

I know my facebook login email is different than my geocaching.com login.

Does anyone know if that's what is causing my problem. I am at a loss. We LOVE to do it, but you know, there will always be a litte edge of competition!!

Hi there!

It's true that a primary e-mail address can only be tied to one user account - it causes hiccups in the system if more than account use the same primary e-mail (we used to allow this). To link your geocaching.com account to Facebook they need to be using the same e-mail address - do you know how to change your primary e-mail address?

Here are the steps:

1. Visit Geocaching.com and sign into your account.
  2. Hover over the "Your Profile" tab and select "Account Details."
  3. Scroll down to the section called "Your Validated E-Mail Addresses" and select "Change".
  4. Enter your new e-mail address in the "Add E-Mail Address" box and re-enter your password.
  5. You'll receive a validation e-mail to the new e-mail address. Click on the link provided in that e-mail to validate the new address.
  6. Once your new e-mail address is validated, you can change it to be your primary and remove any other e-mail addresses that you no longer want on your profile. Do this from the Manage E-mail Addresses Page.

Once your e-mails match on your Facebook and Geocaching.com accounts you will be able to link them up and have fun with your family.

Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance. :)

Hi there!

It's true that a primary e-mail address can only be tied to one user account - it causes hiccups in the system if more than account use the same primary e-mail (we used to allow this). To link your geocaching.com account to Facebook they need to be using the same e-mail address - do you know how to change your primary e-mail address?

Here are the steps:

1. Visit Geocaching.com and sign into your account.
  2. Hover over the "Your Profile" tab and select "Account Details."
  3. Scroll down to the section called "Your Validated E-Mail Addresses" and select "Change".
  4. Enter your new e-mail address in the "Add E-Mail Address" box and re-enter your password.
  5. You'll receive a validation e-mail to the new e-mail address. Click on the link provided in that e-mail to validate the new address.
  6. Once your new e-mail address is validated, you can change it to be your primary and remove any other e-mail addresses that you no longer want on your profile. Do this from the Manage E-mail Addresses Page.

Once your e-mails match on your Facebook and Geocaching.com accounts you will be able to link them up and have fun with your family.

Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance. :)

I was wondering about this as well... I tried to add my e-mail that my facebook is attached to, but it says it's already in use (that e-mail)...

I was wondering about this as well... I tried to add my e-mail that my facebook is attached to, but it says it's already in use (that e-mail)...

We find that sometimes people accidentally create an account without realizing it - thus causing their e-mail address to be "already in use". Send me a private message with the e-mail that you would like to add to your account and I can disable the other account and help get it in the system for you. :)

We find that sometimes people accidentally create an account without realizing it - thus causing their e-mail address to be "already in use". Send me a private message with the e-mail that you would like to add to your account and I can disable the other account and help get it in the system for you. :)

That is possible, I guess. hadn't thought of that. It is very possible that the Very first time we happened across the fun I could have used the other one. I sent you the email. Thank you B)