Games for big groups!

Guest Mildly_Amused

Guest Mildly_Amused

the final cache! The hope is that with multiple groups leaving clues around, there will be some confusion as to which clues go with which cache... etc.

Any thoughts on how to improve this game or any other ideas are very welcome!

You can send me email at cadman@bigfoot.XcomX

(just remove the X's in the .com portion - I use this to defeat email search bot's)

PS: I am cross posting this to the games board.

League gaming may be the next step of the game. We usually play in small groups because we're still a small number of players icon_smile.gif MA seems like a great place to start such a thing.

If you want to plan some kind of organized event, let me know and I'll try to promote it on the site for the area of choice (on the results page for Massachusetts, for instance. I could even see if I can work out some kind of signup page if these events get more popular.

I can also do some bulk silkscreening, and possibly (if I'm nice to the boss), create some custom shirts for the events.

If you want to host an event, we can also provide you with some server space (for free) that you can access through Frontpage Server extensions or ftp. Let me know!

J

League gaming may be the next step of the game. We usually play in small groups because we're still a small number of players icon_smile.gif MA seems like a great place to start such a thing.

If you want to plan some kind of organized event, let me know and I'll try to promote it on the site for the area of choice (on the results page for Massachusetts, for instance. I could even see if I can work out some kind of signup page if these events get more popular.

I can also do some bulk silkscreening, and possibly (if I'm nice to the boss), create some custom shirts for the events.

If you want to host an event, we can also provide you with some server space (for free) that you can access through Frontpage Server extensions or ftp. Let me know!

J

Guest cache_ninja

If the cache is hidden off-trail, 30 people bushwacking their way to it and back might basically blaze a trail there-maybe something to think about.

30 people is a lot, i only wish we had that many around where i am. you could create a little geocaching community yourself, maybe teams could somehow compete, each could hide caches of their own, and find caches other teams hid and such, seein gwho could make the hardest to find cache or something.

c/n

For these sort of games we'd definitely want the cache to be temporary, so as not to ruin the environment. I'd also suggest speaking with a park official before doing such a thing, especially if the event gets more people than, say, a boy scout troop.

Using natural obstacles definitely makes the game more interesting, but if you wanted to rent out a recreation area and create obstacles to reach the "prize" - This would work just as well (and fun).

J

Guest robanna

You could set this up similar to an orientering event where you youd have a multiple points to find. you could use diferent shaped punches at each point (to verify that they got there). Break them up into small groups (2-3) and time them to see how long it take them to get get to all of the point and back to the start.

To expand on your original idea and use more teamwork, they work in small teams going to multiple points to get a clue to solve a puzzle.

Guest norbert1973@hotmail.com

Perhaps you could make it a two part event. First part, the groups go off in different directions (within a predetermined radius)and make their caches. The second part could be that all teams would drop their cache details in a hat, then each team would pick one and the hunt would be on. I know that this idea is not fully formed, but it's a start.

Good luck.

ps This geocaching idea is great.

Perhaps a series of caches each with instructions to the next stash in a linked circle. eg A->B->C->D->A ... Each group is given the coordinates of one stash. All start at once going to their assigned stash then following the directions until they have visited all...first one home is the winner.

Guest Mildly_Amused

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the GREAT IDEAS! This is definitely the next big thing! We just got approval for 5 more units in our department, bringing us up to 13 +/-. This would really mesh well with setting up small groups (2-3 people).

My favorite "rules" so far are...

-break into 4-8 teams of 2-3 (A,B,C,D,etc)

-each team hides a cache within 15 minutes

-return to base camp (central locale)

-each team must find all caches but...

In DIFFERENT Random Orders! (A-F-C-B-E-D)

This will minimize eco-damage and trails!

-Shaped punches at each cache as proof.

We will be setting up a game similar to this one in the next few months - probably in late March or early April - at Brooksby Farms in Peabody (280+ acres of woods, trails, orchards and farmlands!

I will post this event (and the full text of the rules) as we approach the date. I am expecting that this will take place on a Saturday or Sunday - and will probably NOT be rain or shine - that is we want to have fun in the SUN!!!

If anyone wants to be assured of being emailed about this event, send me a request and I will keep you informed!

mailto:bmcgis@icnt.net

Thanks for your help and keep those ideas coming!