Explorist GC Help!

I recenty bought a brand new explorist gc from amazon. I was a little confused with the map so i updated to version 2.15. That fixed my confusion but i am now having issues with it. When I enter a waypoint, and then save it, it shows up as a different cooridate as what i entered it (EX: N12 34.567 turns into N12 34.756) It is so frustrating. Also when i leave a screen and go to the next the previous screen stays on the bottom! Should i re-update version 2.15? I dont know what to do. Thanks!

Edited by danilightning

I recenty bought a brand new explorist gc from amazon. I was a little confused with the map so i updated to version 2.15. That fixed my confusion but i am now having issues with it. When I enter a waypoint, and then save it, it shows up as a different cooridate as what i entered it (EX: N12 34.567 turns into N12 34.756) It is so frustrating.

Check to make sure the unit is set to the same format as Groundspeak uses for cache coordinates:

Home → Other → Conversions

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=208

1.3. WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format

Why do we use WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format?

Most GPS receivers are set coming out of the box with WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format. Using this setting will be less likely to confuse new GPS owners.

B.

I recenty bought a brand new explorist gc from amazon. I was a little confused with the map so i updated to version 2.15. That fixed my confusion but i am now having issues with it. When I enter a waypoint, and then save it, it shows up as a different cooridate as what i entered it (EX: N12 34.567 turns into N12 34.756) It is so frustrating.

Check to make sure the unit is set to the same format as Groundspeak uses for cache coordinates:

Most GPS receivers are set coming out of the box with WGS-84 and HDD(D)° MM.MMM Datum and Format. Using this setting will be less likely to confuse new GPS owners.

B.

Thanks For your help but it didnt work. I just tried again in the right conversion and it changed the end of my coords from 054 to 053.

B.

Thanks For your help but it didnt work. I just tried again in the right conversion and it changed the end of my coords from 054 to 053.

This is a known issue with the device; however, since the different between .054 and .053 is only a foot or so and falls well within the given accuracies of the device (3 meters = 9.8), the issue hasn't been corrected and I don't expect it to be. It has been reported and it known.

David

Magellan Insider

B.

This is a known issue with the device; however, since the different between .054 and .053 is only a foot or so and falls well within the given accuracies of the device (3 meters = 9.8), the issue hasn't been corrected and I don't expect it to be. It has been reported and it known.

David

Magellan Insider

That makes sense, and really should be fixed, but I have had times where i plugged a cache in as a waypoint because i didnt have a computer nearby to download it, and i went to go find the cache. I used my phone for driving directions with my c:geo app and when i got to where the cache was supposed to be, my explorist gc said i was about a half mile or mile in the wrong direction. (If i remember correctly it may have been .4 or 1.4, i dont remember). I ended up having to use my phone to find the cache.