Adding Favorites to Already Logged Caches

qtbluemoon

Maybe I'm mistaken (but I don't think so), but before the new Geocaching.com look, wasn't it possible to assign favorites to an already-logged-as-found cache? The other day I tried to assign a favorite to one of my 'found' caches, and I ended up having to delete the log completely and relog it. This puts my finds out of order (I know, big whoop, right?). I even tried editing the log, but there was no 'assign favorite' box at the bottom, like there used to be. I don't know, it just seemed like some things were easier before they made them 'better'. Thanks for letting me vent.

Maybe I'm mistaken (but I don't think so), but before the new Geocaching.com look, wasn't it possible to assign favorites to an already-logged-as-found cache? The other day I tried to assign a favorite to one of my 'found' caches, and I ended up having to delete the log completely and relog it. This puts my finds out of order (I know, big whoop, right?). I even tried editing the log, but there was no 'assign favorite' box at the bottom, like there used to be. I don't know, it just seemed like some things were easier before they made them 'better'. Thanks for letting me vent.

You didn't need to delete and re-log. (Even if you do re-log a find, you can choose the correct date for the new log.)

The way to add a favorite point to a cache you have found is to click on the dropdown menu where it says "Favorites" at the top of the cache page. It's located to the right of the section for D/T/size. Click on the downward facing arrow beside the word "Favorites".

B.

Thank you both! I kept looking in the "Log a new visit" box, didn't even think of the 'Favorites' box. D'oh! And it wasn't the date I was concerned about, they were all on the same date, but my first cache of the day is now my last cache of the day. I know it's not a big deal, but I think all of us cachers have a hint of OCD, don't you? :)

Again, thanks for the quick responses.