Information on Gulf Coast best caches

MineRP

Planning a small trip from Houston to Mobile (with a quick run into Florida) along the coast for a week or so. Hoping to grab a few caches in these five states. Wonder if any local cachers might list a few of the best along this route ( south of Route 10). Have never been down this way and do not know what to expect, is there any must see parks or natural wonders or historical places with a must see or do cache. Will only be allow to do maybe a couple hours a day of caching, and that sucks, LOL

Tell me of your best so I can plan for it.

Thanks

Edited by MineRP

Planning a small trip from Houston to Mobile (with a quick run into Florida) along the coast for a week or so. Hoping to grab a few caches in these five states. Wonder if any local cachers might list a few of the best along this route ( south of Route 10). Have never been down this way and do not know what to expect, is there any must see parks or natural wonders or historical places with a must see or do cache. Will only be allow to do maybe a couple hours a day of caching, and that sucks, LOL

Tell me of your best so I can plan for it.

Thanks

While passing through Baton Rouge, just an easy exit off of I-10 on the east bank of the river, try Lady Dolphin (GC2KGKC). It's only accessible when the river is low but at the moment conditions are right and you should be able to get to it. Plan on having lunch at the Pastime Lounge while you're in the neighborhood, it's a Baton Rouge icon (there's a micro right across the street, too) :) Acrophobia (GC256KV) is fun too, but it's disabled at the moment...CO says the final is missing but if you provide him the proper coordinates he'll probably let you log the find...the first stage is the fun part anyway!

If you want to venture a couple of miles off the interstate on the west bank, The Sugar Train (GC1JCFJ) is pretty cool and highlights the area's rich history of sugar cane farming.

Sadly, the best cache probably in the history of Louisiana Geocaching, View Carre' (GCE02C)in New Orleans, has recently been archived. It was really one of a kind, 844 Fave points.

Let us know how it goes!

Edited by Chief301