Close Call

This falls under the category of being unexpected. This past weekend me, farmy, and my friend went on a 4 day float trip down the Buffalo National River in Arkansas. I was going to place my second cache somewhere along the river. On the second day it started pouring rain. When it was all said and done we got over 5 inches of rain in one day and the river rose 25 feet on us. At about 1am I realized our camp was about to be flooded over. As we scrambled to get everything to higher ground I went to dump the rain water out of my canoe so we could carry it uphill. My cache went with the water and I had to sit helplessly and watch it float away just out of reach into the dark and down a raging river. We spent the rest of night with a tarp wrapped around us to keep out the rain and cold. It was freezing and miserable and nobody slept. In the morning the water was about 4 feet from catching us again. Luckily we found a flooded creek we were able to float up to a low water bridge and safety. I'm writing this story in the hopes that someone finds my cache and finds this on the website so I can find out where it made it to. The Buffalo River feeds into the Mississippi so it could be anywhere. I had a stash note in there so the website is in the cache.

Yeah this was a crazy night, I will just be happy to go the rest of my life and never be that cold again.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy808:

This falls under the category of being unexpected. This past weekend me, farmy, and my friend went on a 4 day float trip down the Buffalo National River in Arkansas. I was going to place my second cache somewhere along the river. On the second day it started pouring rain. When it was all said and done we got over 5 inches of rain in one day and the river rose 25 feet on us. At about 1am I realized our camp was about to be flooded over. As we scrambled to get everything to higher ground I went to dump the rain water out of my canoe so we could carry it uphill. My cache went with the water and I had to sit helplessly and watch it float away just out of reach into the dark and down a raging river. We spent the rest of night with a tarp wrapped around us to keep out the rain and cold. It was freezing and miserable and nobody slept. In the morning the water was about 4 feet from catching us again. Luckily we found a flooded creek we were able to float up to a low water bridge and safety. I'm writing this story in the hopes that someone finds my cache and finds this on the website so I can find out where it made it to. The Buffalo River feeds into the Mississippi so it could be anywhere. I had a stash note in there so the website is in the cache.

icon_eek.gifnull

Yeah this was a crazy night, I will just be happy to go the rest of my life and never be that cold again.

quote:

icon_eek.gifnull

quote:

I'm writing this story in the hopes that someone finds my cache and finds this on the website so I can find out where it made it to. The Buffalo River feeds into the Mississippi so it could be anywhere. I had a stash note in there so the website is in the cache.

May I suggest also posting an additional thread in the appropriate local section of this forum? You might have better luck that way.

EDIT: And if you already did that, kudos to you!

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg