Magellan Explorist GC not loading photos

Wolf_Family

I purchased this GPS a couple of days ago. I use a MAC. I'm a premium member. I did the PQ and put the resulting GPX files directly into the Geocache directory. Everything looks great except that I cannot view any attributes or photos. I went to one that I knew had a photo in the gallery and it doesn't show up.

I purchased this GPS a couple of days ago. I use a MAC. I'm a premium member. I did the PQ and put the resulting GPX files directly into the Geocache directory. Everything looks great except that I cannot view any attributes or photos. I went to one that I knew had a photo in the gallery and it doesn't show up.

The GC comes with caches preloaded. I'll bet you can't view hints as well. Delete ALL geocaches and ALL waypoints, and download a cache and see if it works.

Edited by T.D.M.22

The GC comes with caches preloaded. I'll bet you can't view hints as well. Delete ALL geocaches and ALL waypoints, and download a cache and see if it works.

I've deleted the pre-loaded caches.

Yes if the cache has a hint I am able to see it.

Nope, the GPX files do not contain photos. I've used GSAK in the past to get photos onto an eXplorist 710. I can't exactly remember how, but it wasn't too hard to do.

I'm a fairly new cacher. Never heard of GSAK, but will have to look into it. I will update this thread if I figure out the solution.

Nope, the GPX files do not contain photos. I've used GSAK in the past to get photos onto an eXplorist 710. I can't exactly remember how, but it wasn't too hard to do.

I have an Explorist GC, and am able to see pictures...Don't know. Maybe it's only pictures in the description...

Hello,

Two things - first, the GC only shows pictures that are contained within the HTML description of the cache, but does not load nor does it display any of the pictures loaded in a caches gallery. Second, the only way to load the pictures is through Vantage Point or GSAK. Therefore, since you are running a MAC this becomes a problem. The only way you will be able to do this is to install a PC emulator, or install Windows, on the MAC and run one of the two programs. However, with that said - I a couple of GCs and an eX610 & eX710 and I stopped loading the pictures because to be honest, it takes a lot of time and memory on the unit with little reward!

David

Magellan Insider