Cachers without cars

TeamCibby

Hello!

So my fiance and I cache together, but neither of us are able to drive/will be able to any time soon.

There is a bus system in my city, but it only runs from about 9-7 on weekdays (doesn't run on weekends) and we're usually in classes.

Does anyone have any tips for us about how to get out there and look?

Thanks!

Hello!

So my fiance and I cache together, but neither of us are able to drive/will be able to any time soon.

There is a bus system in my city, but it only runs from about 9-7 on weekdays (doesn't run on weekends) and we're usually in classes.

Does anyone have any tips for us about how to get out there and look?

Thanks!

I have a car but prefer not to use it because I hate driving in town. When I cache (which isn't all that often these days) I do it by bicycle. I chalked up hundreds of finds using my trusty mountain bike. Now I mostly ride on the road, which is why I don't cache so much because I'm really not interested in stopping every half a mile to find a film pot behind a sign and the bike doesn't work off road the way the mountain bike does.

When I ride the mountain bike I tend to take in the muddy bridlepaths (simply because I can) and so I can find more interesting caches.

Here we do not have the train system like that in England, so that is not really an option for these folks.

I agree with those saying a bike would be a great investment

and finding friends who might enjoy a search.

Visit the regional forum here ( scroll down... Pacific Northwest) and see if you could hook up with cachers in your area who might be going out to do a day of caching ( on the weekend) I have joined up for Cache Machine events and find cachers a very friendly and welcoming group. Offer to pay some gas money, bring tasty snaxs

I also like to cache on a bicycle. Here in the UK you can take a bike on a train for free, so take a train trip somewhere, then onto the bike and can easily cover 20-30 miles, then back to the train to go home.

... except the walk-on train fares are often silly, you can't take the bike on trains around London during the rush hour, and unless you're going a fair distance it's often just as quick to ride as it is to take the train anyway.

I have lived in a few places over the years, and the public transportation buses I have noticed are becoming more common with having a bike rack on them for those with a bicycle.

I would say that a bike would be an investment that would be well worth the money spent. It can serve you on many different levels and reasons.