garmin map 62 s

Edesiree

Most times when I hook up my 62s to the computer, I cannot get it to react at all. The GPS indicates that it is turned on and I can download geocaches to the GPS from the computer but I cannot get it to react to any directions from the hand held device while it is hooked to the computer. When I remove it- It works great. Any advice THANKS

Correct. You can either have it connected in Mass Storage mode, or you can connect it with the computer as a power supply, in which case it'll function normally, but power from your computer's USB port rather than the batteries. But you can't have it both ways at once. To choose between these two modes, set your interface to Spanner and you should be prompted to choose Mass Storage or not when connecting to the USB.

I should note that when connecting it to the computer and not selecting Mass Storage mode, the GPS functions normally, but It should also be able to transmit location data to the computer in real time if you have software that supports it.

Correct. You can either have it connected in Mass Storage mode, or you can connect it with the computer as a power supply, in which case it'll function normally, but power from your computer's USB port rather than the batteries. But you can't have it both ways at once. To choose between these two modes, set your interface to Spanner and you should be prompted to choose Mass Storage or not when connecting to the USB.

I should note that when connecting it to the computer and not selecting Mass Storage mode, the GPS functions normally, but It should also be able to transmit location data to the computer in real time if you have software that supports it.

Now if I could only understand what you mean by "setting my interface?" Thanks

I got it thanks so much for your help- i may be back for more as I am finding more things everyday that I don't quite get and the manual leaves much to be desired. Again thanks for your help

Edited by Edesiree