In memory of Oreoclan

teamAMP

Hi everyone,

For anyone who has geocached in or around the Edmonton, AB or Calgary, AB area, you may have heard of and probably enjoyed some caches created by team Oreoclan. Sadly, the active member - T.J. Holder passed away from leukemia on July 6, 2013. We will be walking in his memory both in Calgary as team 'T.J.'s Titans' as well as in Edmonton as 'Team Chubbs'.

We will be placing a multi-stage cache in his memory in the Calgary area in the spring so stay tuned for that. It will encompass all of his favorite geo-caching finds so if you are a fan of his caches, stay tuned for it.

Thanks everybody!!!

Amy Lemieux

teamAMP

Edited by CacheShadow
As per note to OP

Hi everyone,

For anyone who has geocached in or around the Edmonton, AB or Calgary, AB area, you may have heard of and probably enjoyed some caches created by team Oreoclan. Sadly, the active member - T.J. Holder passed away from leukemia on July 6, 2013. We will be walking in his memory both in Calgary as team 'T.J.'s Titans' as well as in Edmonton as 'Team Chubbs'.

We will be placing a multi-stage cache in his memory in the Calgary area in the spring so stay tuned for that. It will encompass all of his favorite geo-caching finds so if you are a fan of his caches, stay tuned for it.

Thanks everybody!!!

Amy Lemieux

teamAMP

This is nice to see. I am currently a LEUKEMIA SURVIVOR/RECOVERER?.. and trying to get more and more active. I'm thinking of placing some caches in or around sites related to blood and platelet donation centers, or to promote BE THE MATCH. ANyways, I never knew this cacher, and I know this is an old post. Kind thought and prayers for him anyways. =)

Reviewer tip: You will want to be very careful about promoting an agenda or soliciting for charity in the caches you're thinking about placing. That's against the listing guidelines. Successful caches of this nature focus upon an individual survivor's story or on an individual as a memorial. Make the writeup be about the person, not the disease or related charitable cause.