How Do I send a message to multiple users at one time?

timbee&suebee

A fellow cacher and I are hosting a caching event in a few weeks. We think we may have put the listing out too early because we haven't had as much response as we had hoped so far and with the event coming up soon we want to remind those who may have read it and put it aside. We decided to send a message to all the other local cachers we know (about 40 of them) to invite them to re-visit the event listing and log a 'will attend'.

When I click on "send message" it only gives me the option to select one username.

I need to know if it's possible to send a message to multiple user names at once. That would save me a lot of time over sending out 40 separate messages.

Thanks.

To guard against abuse of the Geocaching.com email system, there is a throttle limit for sending messages. And, they need to be sent one at a time.

Event organizers have the ability to send an "Announcement" log's contents as an email to everyone who has logged "Will Attend." But, there is no mechanism for reaching people who have not consented to receive event announcements. This is by design.

I recently hosted an event. About 38 people logged will attend. 60-80 people showed up. Certain groups of people have certain problems. Geocachers don't like to log a will attend. Paintballers tend to be late.(Game starts at 11, tell them it starts at 8 so everyone is on time) You just have to get used to it and plan on having more people then log it. Also a lot of cachers, if they do log will attend, log it very close to the event date-possibly, like myself, they don't know if they can attend until that week.