Garbage at cache sites

bicykler

I am new to geocaching and I am very disappointed at the amount of garbage around some caches. I recently visited a site which was very clean as compared to some, this site had a rusted pop can and a takeout coffee cup. I'm wondering why the owner of the cache didn't take out the pop can when he was setting up the cache? Obvously the can was older than the cache because it was a heavy steel one that was made before caching even started. The cup was a different story and I hope a cacher didn't discard it there. Maybe I am just of those grumpy retired cachers.

I'm wondering why the owner of the cache didn't take out the pop can when he was setting up the cache?

The possible reasons are legion.

- Maybe the CO didn't see it.

- Maybe the CO didn't have the equipment to remove it (garbage bag, whatever).

- Maybe the CO didn't want to get his hands dirty.

- Maybe the CO is afraid of tetanus.

- Maybe the CO is a jerk who doesn't care about litter.

- Maybe there was snow on the ground when the cache was placed, covering the garbage.

- Maybe the CO had picked up a whole garbage bag full of trash, but didn't get those two items.

*shrug*

I'm wondering why the owner of the cache didn't take out the pop can when he was setting up the cache?

The possible reasons are legion.

- Maybe the CO didn't see it.

- Maybe the CO didn't have the equipment to remove it (garbage bag, whatever).

- Maybe the CO didn't want to get his hands dirty.

- Maybe the CO is afraid of tetanus.

- Maybe the CO is a jerk who doesn't care about litter.

- Maybe there was snow on the ground when the cache was placed, covering the garbage.

- Maybe the CO had picked up a whole garbage bag full of trash, but didn't get those two items.

*shrug*

you are right there could be sevral reasons. First of all I don't think the cofdfee cup was there and as for the can it could have been covered with dead leaves then uncovered by the wind. My point is that a lot of sites have a little garbage like that and nobody seems to want to take it out. I always take out more than when I went in and I can't understand why others can't also do it.