FED UP WITH CACHES BEEN MOVED/STOLEN

dixiedix

I am simply fed up with all 5 of my hides now been either moved so even I can't find them for servicing OR STOLEN!!

I have been out today to service the last two I had and they are missing!!!!!

I will pack this game in I think.

HOW SIMPLE IS IT TO REPLACE THE CACHE IN ITS ORIGINAL HIDE LOCATION.

Well fed up with whole exercise.

Like I said in another thread-caches going missing is part of the game, and it's no secret. If you can't handle it, don't place any caches. What if they are getting stolen by non cachers? I looked at your caches-All I can say is grow up. "Timmy took my ball!! I don't wanna play anymore!!"

I am simply fed up with all 5 of my hides now been either moved so even I can't find them for servicing OR STOLEN!!

I have been out today to service the last two I had and they are missing!!!!!

I will pack this game in I think.

HOW SIMPLE IS IT TO REPLACE THE CACHE IN ITS ORIGINAL HIDE LOCATION.

Well fed up with whole exercise.

Based on this thread, and your edited cache page, it would seem that cache ownership is not for you.

There's nothing wrong with that. There's no requirement to place caches.

Being nasty to your fellow cachers, however, isn't going to help anything.

I hope you remember to remove the cache containers if and when you archive your caches.

B.

Caches get moved slightly by cachers because its not always possible to get it back into the exact same position as it was placed, of course we try our best to put it back as we found it.

As a cache owner you have to expect that and take that on board.

Now as you're in the Cotswolds I think I am going to avoid your caches. I wouldn't want to find it and put it back slightly wrong to then see all that on the page accusing other cachers.

Caches get moved slightly by cachers because its not always possible to get it back into the exact same position as it was placed, of course we try our best to put it back as we found it.

As a cache owner you have to expect that and take that on board.

Now as you're in the Cotswolds I think I am going to avoid your caches. I wouldn't want to find it and put it back slightly wrong to then see all that on the page accusing other cachers.

Just had a nice email from geocache.com themselves for which I would like to thank them very much.

Sums you 'anorack' folk nicely.

Open Quote :-

Sorry to see the regular 'forum idiots' jumping all over you about your caches. I've learned a couple of things over the years:

1. Most of the people in the forums don't even geocache. Seriously.

2. The Forum Idiots are trolls that like to come up with rules and 'judge' the rest of us. In reality they are NOTHING.

Here's what to do, seriously.

1. Don't go back into the forums. They're all idiots.

2. Replace your caches and make them 'idiot-proof' so they have to go back into the same spot.

3. Place future caches in out-of-the way places so not every idiot will find them. I've got a friend who only has three caches out, they're all at the tops of mountains so they don't see many visitors but he gets QUALITY online logs when they are found because they were memorable climbs. No one remembers the last lamp-pole or guardrail cache they found but they all remember the two-hour climb they made, or the unique puzzle they had to figure out, or the really cool cache container/unique hide.

Hope that helps. Have a better day! :)

Close Quoat

Ha Ha

Cya "lifes too short"

Oh and of course I will remove the cache containers if they havn't been moved/stolen or maybe one of you clever folk can re-find them.

Just had a nice email from geocache.com themselves for which I would like to thank them very much.

Sums you 'anorack' folk nicely.

Open Quote :-

Sorry to see the regular 'forum idiots' jumping all over you about your caches. I've learned a couple of things over the years:

1. Most of the people in the forums don't even geocache. Seriously.

2. The Forum Idiots are trolls that like to come up with rules and 'judge' the rest of us. In reality they are NOTHING.

Here's what to do, seriously.

1. Don't go back into the forums. They're all idiots.

2. Replace your caches and make them 'idiot-proof' so they have to go back into the same spot.

3. Place future caches in out-of-the way places so not every idiot will find them. I've got a friend who only has three caches out, they're all at the tops of mountains so they don't see many visitors but he gets QUALITY online logs when they are found because they were memorable climbs. No one remembers the last lamp-pole or guardrail cache they found but they all remember the two-hour climb they made, or the unique puzzle they had to figure out, or the really cool cache container/unique hide.

Hope that helps. Have a better day! :)

Close Quoat

Ha Ha

Cya "lifes too short"

Oh and of course I will remove the cache containers if they havn't been moved/stolen or maybe one of you clever folk can re-find them.

I'm guessing it was from some other disgruntled cacher. There's enough of them trolling the forums and looking for opportunities to stir up trouble without the risk of posting publicly. Pathetic and cowardly.

Who exactly is "geocache.com"? Well, nobody and everybody. Every email sent to your username is from "<noreply@geocaching.com>", so if you're thinking that it's from some official or moderator, etc, then you're mistaken.

What you got was a snarky, underhanded, whine-fest from another cacher.

I don't know why people post on forums when they don't want to hear the truth. I don't know why they equate honest advice with being "jumped on". It's sad, really. You will never learn anything from other people if that's your attitude.

There was no trolling in the replies. All the people who replied actually do hide and find caches. Some of them have been doing this for years.

Your rude and insulting behaviour here demonstrates why geocaching is not the hobby for you. It involved interacting with other people, and you don't seem to have that very basic skill.

Good luck to you in your future pursuits.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I'm guessing it was from some other disgruntled cacher. There's enough of them trolling the forums and looking for opportunities to stir up trouble without the risk of posting publicly. Pathetic and cowardly.

Who exactly is "geocache.com"? Well, nobody and everybody. Every email sent to your username is from "<noreply@geocaching.com>", so if you're thinking that it's from some official or moderator, etc, then you're mistaken.

What you got was a snarky, underhanded, whine-fest from another cacher.

I think this is correct.

Groundspeak's employees don't monitor the forums for every little tiff that might erupt -- especially on a holiday weekend. On a weekend, Volunteer Moderators are typically out caching (like I was, til it started raining). We stay connected to respond to reported problems, however. I was alerted to check this thread due to the appearance that the quoted email was some sort of official response.

The quoted email, some of the OP's posts, and some of the replies provide enough of a basis to close this thread rather than handing out penalty cards. Put the issue aside by not starting another thread. Thanks.