August Mega-Souvenir

TeamMCH

it would be nice if Groundspeak did award a special icon for everyone who did all 31 days

I was wondering about that also. It appears that you have to do all 31 to get the final icon which is different than the one posted on the original collage. I checked a few profiles of people I know who got a cache on the 31st, but not everyday of the month, and they did not get the 31st. Could be wrong about this if servers are slow-- anyone know for certain?

it would be nice if Groundspeak did award a special icon for everyone who did all 31 days

I was wondering about that also. It appears that you have to do all 31 to get the final icon which is different than the one posted on the original collage. I checked a few profiles of people I know who got a cache on the 31st, but not everyday of the month, and they did not get the 31st. Could be wrong about this if servers are slow-- anyone know for certain?

The final icon is the same, just click on the souvenir to see it.

The final icon is the same, just click on the souvenir to see it.

actually read somewhere we were supposed to get 33 total iocns for august...2 on int. geocaching day and then 1 final one if we did all 31 days

There is no additional souvenir, just one for each day. Geocaching day had only one, too.

The newsletter/blog never promised more than that, as far as I remember. It just was a rumor in the community. Well, maybe they'll add some afterwards, but at the moment, that's not the case.

Cute, thanks!

Yeh, lots of confusion with the number of souvenirs..here was all that they said, "Start plotting your crafty strategy, rally your friends and prepare for a month of geocaching like no other. August is being celebrated by geocachers around the world as the “31 Days of Geocaching.” Find a geocache, log a “Found it” (or an “Attended” for an Event Cache) and earn a unique calendar-style Geocaching souvenir for each day in August. That’s 31 souvenirs up for grabs." http://blog.geocaching.com/2013/07/geocaching-plans-for-july-13-and-all-of-august-you-do-now/

On the topic of collages... I had a little bit of fun during the "31 Days Of August", finding a "streak" themed picture for each day and posting it to my "Found It" log. At the end I put all the pictures together into a collage which I posted to the event cache held at the end of the month in my area. Not nearly as professionally done as yours, but fun to make.

42ddf37c-7383-480a-8830-1608562ca4e4.jpg

On the topic of collages... I had a little bit of fun during the "31 Days Of August", finding a "streak" themed picture for each day and posting it to my "Found It" log. At the end I put all the pictures together into a collage which I posted to the event cache held at the end of the month in my area. Not nearly as professionally done as yours, but fun to make.

42ddf37c-7383-480a-8830-1608562ca4e4.jpg

Hey...the important thing is you didn't use Comic Sans. That alone gives you a design edge...

I created a mega-souvenir for those who completed the 31 Days of August challenge.

31ee275d-2ad8-44a9-bea0-962449e89962.jpg

Oh - and even though I did not make it explicit - I did intend to share this with the community. Just right-click and "Save as." You are welcome to add to your own profile, post on you Facebook page, and upload to any geocaching groups you are part of.

I created a mega-souvenir for those who completed the 31 Days of August challenge.

Oh - and even though I did not make it explicit - I did intend to share this with the community. Just right-click and "Save as." You are welcome to add to your own profile, post on you Facebook page, and upload to any geocaching groups you are part of.

Well done

Well done

Hey AKF here it is

Well done

Hey AKF here it is

Thank you - got it HF!!!

How many people are stretching the August streak? I'm going for 60. :)
I'm continuing it. I'd like to get my longest streak to match my longest slump (100 days).

Nice thinking! I've been trying to do the same (90 days). Good luck!

I'd evened them out a long time ago at 26 so was trying for 52 this time, but life got in the way and I flamed out somewhere in the 40s