GC.Com Find Counts

RoadRoach58

I just got back from caching in a foreign country, so it was pretty easy to isolate my finds in that country. However, when I looked at my total finds in GSAK and then on GC.Com, GC.com is reporting one more find in Australia than I can come up with in GSAK. I banged my head against the wall wondering what I missed, ran a My Finds Query, did another pocket query for everything I've ever found in Oz, and low and behold, my count is right, GC's is wrong. GC.Com is reporting 506 finds where I actually have 505. I went through EACH FIND one by one comparing the website info with what I have in GSAK to make sure I wasn't missing something. TWICE. Then, I just ran the PQ, and counted the finds. GC.Com reports 26 pages with 506 finds. Ok,so that's 25 x 20 + 6 on the last page (26), right? Turns out, the last page has 6 on it. But the 7th page has only 19. Go figger. I counted them, page by page, TWICE, using the check boxes to make sure I wasn't miscounting. Anyone else noticed this error?I've often had to correct extra logs in GSAK, but don't remember ever having more logs on GC.COM than I have in GSAK, especially after a My Finds query.

Oh, BTW, I manually loaded each page from the query, 20 caches at a time, by using the Check All button and Download Waypoints buttons at the bottom of each screen, and loaded all the data into a blank db in GSAK. I got 505 caches from the pages reporting 506 total finds. So, me and GSAK can count. Some kinda new math going on at GC.Com, though.

Edited by RoadRoach58

Umm, nope, gc.com doesn't count two finds on the same cache, at least it didn't used to. Might have to give that a spin on one and see what happens now, but I'm thinking it counts only unique finds. GSAK will count duplicate logs stats, but not gc.com. I pulled a My Finds query to make sure, and yes, I DID have two duplicate logs (trapped this with GSAK) but it was not showing an offset before today. Normally, when viewing a PQ online, gc.com will paginate the list 20 caches per page. I find nothing to explain why I would have one page in the middle with 19 caches. I'm waiting for Midnight on the west coast for my PQ's to run again, so I can see what happens when that query runs and I import it with GSAK again. Pretty sure I remedied my duplicate logs. I had some logging issues while in Australia with very poor internet access. These ranged from losing connection while uploading logs to long timeout errors, and generally a very frustrating situation. I use FindCount in GSAK to show me when I've accidentally double-logged something. All are showing 1 in FindCount right now. Normally, the find count is higher in GSAK than on gc.com. This still doesn't explain one webpage out of 25 having only 19 caches listed on it. Something weird there.

The fact your GC stats say:

RoadRoach58 has found 2114 caches (2113 distinct)

Means you've logged a cache more than once...

DOH!!! Have all the scripts suggested, knew there were problems with some of the logs (internet lost while logging in Oz a couple times), AND had it backward about which one counts what. I feel like such a noob. I called myself checking (albeit manually) for duplicate logs, and I did indeed take care of three dupes. Must have missed one and was determined it was an anomaly in the space-time continuum which I would be forever stuck in. Thanks for the sharp stick in the eye folks! Sometimes, you CAN make that horse drink if you stick his head under water. I display the FCount column in GSAK, and find it easier to just find them by sorting on that value (descending, of course). Still have to do the corrections manually as the scripts only show you which ones, and I can set a filter as fast as that script can. I actually have a filter configured for that very purpose. Somehow, I was just too convinced I'd cleared up the dupes. Guess I was duped. (Pun intended). Don't drink RedBull, but coffee is good. Coffee, the beverage that helps you do stupid things faster!

Thanks for all the help folks, even though I actually overcame my stupidity all by myself. I got my new Oz Finds PQ in this morning and saw the FCount of 2 on the cache mentioned above. I ran that before I came back in here to cry some more, and lo and behold, there was my glaring brain fart. All fixed up now, and GSAK and gc.com agree once again.

Your amount of Found It! logs and your list of caches found will not match if you have logged a cache more than once. The list of caches is just that, a list of the unique caches that you have posted found logs on. If you logged a cache twice, it does not list it twice, meaning the total number of the list will be lower than the actual amount of logs which you can see in other areas of the website, as well as in a My Finds PW imported into GSAK.