Themed Swag?

Ash+Eric

I am fairly new to geocaching (11 finds)and I've seen where cachers leave personalized swag. I wanted to stock nearby caches with some neat/ unique swag. So I decorated wooden craft circles with my logon name on one side and images from anime shows on the other. I was wondering if this was appropriate swag or too obscure of a theme. I was also thinking of making bracelets to put in local caches as well. Thanks for reading and any input.

Edited by Ash+Eric

I am fairly new to geocaching (11 finds)and I've seen where cachers leave personalized swag. I wanted to stock nearby caches with some neat/ unique swag. So I decorated wooden craft circles with my logon name on one side and images from anime shows on the other. I was wondering if this was appropriate swag or too obscure of a theme. I was also thinking of making bracelets to put in local caches as well. Thanks for reading and any input.

Place what you enjoy, and especially what you think other people might like. I've never seen people on the Forums complaining about handmade Swag, so I'd say it's safe to go ahead with your plan. :anicute:

On the other hand, cachers don't often make detailed logs about Swag they take, so you may not ever find out who likes it, although somebody did take it. I make a lot of different things and hardly ever hear a peep about them.

I love both. themes. go for it. great idea

On the other hand, cachers don't often make detailed logs about Swag they take, so you may not ever find out who likes it, although somebody did take it. I make a lot of different things and hardly ever hear a peep about them.

Yes, it's very rare if someone mentions taking swag in a log. I've had some decent feedback via my blog. I put my swag in a baggie and label it with my blog's address. I've got about 50 messages over 2 years. The feedback motivates me to keep making and leaving handmade stuff.

I take wooden craft shapes and use a wood burner to burn images into them and our geo name and trade for other sig items kids trade the generic swag our daughter makes friendship bracelets and trades those someties.

Like others have said handmade swag rocks as long as it stays somewhat appropriate

I've decided to race two of my wooden coins. I'm going to decorate each with a pirate crews logo from One Piece. Their destination is going to be Réunion island in the Indian ocean, which is where the pirate Olivier Levasseur, the real life inspiration for One Piece, was executed.

I've decided to race two of my wooden coins. I'm going to decorate each with a pirate crews logo from One Piece. Their destination is going to be Réunion island in the Indian ocean, which is where the pirate Olivier Levasseur, the real life inspiration for One Piece, was executed.

Just showed my son your sig items, and he got excited and said he wanted one. :laughing:

Sounds like an idea for a trackable item you could attach to your coins... this way you can see their progress and where they travel and how they get there.

Sounds like an idea for a trackable item you could attach to your coins... this way you can see their progress and where they travel and how they get there.

Yep! I bought trackable tags and going to attach them. I have notes written up to go with each and doing research to make an interesting trackable page. Looking forward to seeing how far they actually go. If I get my tags in time I'm releasing them this weekend :-)

Edited by Ash+Eric