indoor caches?

The description of geocache locations listed on the FAQ page states that geocaches may be found inside buildings. I have yet to see one! If anyone knows of any, I'd love to hear about them and where they are. (How do you find them with no signal? What kinds of buildings would actually be acceptable for cache hiding?)

quote:
Originally posted by Xcacher:

Here's a good one in TX: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=9372 You don't actually know it's in a building until you get there. I figured it out right away, but some people are really stumped by it.

Urban Cache: Plagiarized sounds similar with an added twist at the beginning. Besides having to deal with unfamiliar cache territory, I found that the tall buildings make satellite reception iffy outside. Trying to do it without the hints is a real challenge.

quote:
Originally posted by IntotheWoods:

What kinds of buildings would actually be acceptable for cache hiding?

Libraries seem to be the most popular location, as they are public and have many potential hiding places. Other public buildings such as City Hall might work if you are clever and get permission. There is one I know of with the final stage at a Forest Service office. icon_cool.gif And then there is a multi-stage cache that starts in an outhouse! icon_rolleyes.gif I thought of putting one in a stack of ammo cans at the local army surplus shop but was afraid the prevailing attitude against so-called commercial caches would shoot that down.

The ones mentioned above are all physical caches. There are many opportunities for virtual caches within buildings. Some I've seen include a medical building, a car repair shop, a parking garage, and the Sears Tower.

quote:
Originally posted by IntotheWoods:

The description of geocache locations listed on the FAQ page states that geocaches may be found inside buildings. I have yet to see one! If anyone knows of any, I'd love to hear about them and where they are. (How do you find them with no signal? What kinds of buildings would actually be acceptable for cache hiding?)

Here's on in Indy. It's lots of fun!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=14862

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer