500 pocket queries

stjohnread

Hi can anyone tell me how to access all 500 of my caches I downloaded a pocket query of 500 my Magellan explorist tells me geocaches 1/100 and underneath all-nearest-all-all 500 but it doesn't scroll down further than 100.

Thanks StJohnread

Ummm...What? I've bolded the part that doesn't make any sense.

Check under waypoints as well so see if you have more caches there.

Hi can anyone tell me how to access all 500 of my caches I downloaded a pocket query of 500 my Magellan explorist tells me geocaches 1/100 and underneath all-nearest-all-all 500 but it doesn't scroll down further than 100.

Thanks StJohnread

:laughing: Reading that part made me laugh so hard! (No offense to OP) That sounds like something from a Pop-Station-Watch from an Ashens Video! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by Rinerts

Thanks StJohnread

Check under waypoints as well so see if you have more caches there.

The lack of punctuation makes me think of a TXT post....

Thanks StJohnread

I have the Explorist GC model. did you preview the pocket query before you uploaded it. Where there 500 entries on it? What you wrote about suggests you only have 100 caches in the query and it may be displaying all 100 for you.

Thanks StJohnread

I have the Explorist GC model. did you preview the pocket query before you uploaded it. Where there 500 entries on it? What you wrote about suggests you only have 100 caches in the query and it may be displaying all 100 for you.

This is very true. The total limit setting is often misunderstood, even by seasoned geocachers. The total limit provides an overall limit to the number geocaches returned but only of the other search options cause more than the value specified in the total limit to be returned. If your search settings cause less than the total limit to be returned the PQ will not expand the search parameters. It will simply return less geocaches than the value you set as the total limit because the total limit value was never reached.

Think of it this way. If my search includes more geocaches than this value then exclude any geocaches that cause the limit to be exceeded. If my search returns less geocaches than this limit then don't exclude any geocaches from the PQ but also don't include any more geocaches.