Delete "visit log" on TB page

#Tenzin

it reflects the actual travels of the TB.

I don't believe it really does reflect the actual travels of the TB.. WWat if someone has 10 TB's in a bag in their car or at home? But for every cache find they log there is a button for "Visit" all TB's in their possession, so did the TB's really "visit" that cache?

Is it that many visits in a small area is annoying? Again, a 'usage' issue - encourage people to only use Visits for significant travels.

Yes, I get that having to go through lots of pages to get through the Visit logs is tedious, boring and uses data. So encourage Groundspeak to enhance the website's TB log display to do the same thing as the cache log display: keep doing CTRL-END to load more logs!

I have only a handful of TB's and they are all relatively new, so they have only been retreieved and dropped 3 or 4 times, but yet they have 20 pages of logs, so its almost impossible to see where it has actually been and who has had it.

If some people like the Visited TB feature and want to use it <or over-use it> thats fine, but I would like to have the capability to turn VISIT's OFF for my trackables, or an easy way to delete those log entries from my TB logs.

If some people like the Visited TB feature and want to use it <or over-use it> thats fine, but I would like to have the capability to turn VISIT's OFF for my trackables, or an easy way to delete those log entries from my TB logs.
If visited logs stop working, or if they stop working reliably (e.g., because they're turned off on some trackables), then people will start dropping and retrieving the trackables again, like they did before visited logs were implemented. And it won't even be that much work. It's just a checkbox in whatever tool the person uses to post logs.

And if you delete logs, then those who want to post visited logs might just repost them. IMHO, a better solution would be a filter that allows you to hide the logs you don't want to see, without deleting them for those who value them.

If visited logs stop working, or if they stop working reliably (e.g., because they're turned off on some trackables), then people will start dropping and retrieving the trackables again, like they did before visited logs were implemented. And it won't even be that much work. It's just a checkbox in whatever tool the person uses to post logs.

You really think that the local cacher will drop and retrieve the seventy-eight trackables that he logs a visit to every cache he visits (including DNFs)? Somehow, I don't think so. Or, I certainly hope not!

You really think that the local cacher will drop and retrieve the seventy-eight trackables that he logs a visit to every cache he visits (including DNFs)? Somehow, I don't think so. Or, I certainly hope not!

The local cacher probably will if an app/tool becomes available that enables them to automatically do it, just as some apps currently allow cachers to automatically 'visit' every TB in their inventory whenever they log a find.

And if you delete logs, then those who want to post visited logs might just repost them. IMHO, a better solution would be a filter that allows you to hide the logs you don't want to see, without deleting them for those who value them.

Well, if there isn't a way to fix this, then I am going to quit releasing trackables and will kill off the ones I have now, because it is a waste of time! I just checked one of my trackables today, it has only been picked-up/dropped by 5 different cachers but it has 18 pages of logs, 90% are empty "took it to" logs from the same cacher, and their are several duplicates....

It really takes the fun out of it, when its impossible to see who has had the cache and where its traveled to...

I think going back to Drop/Retrieve would thin the bulk of those (with few) who insist on holding other's property hostage .

- The ones who monkey see/do and, in some odd way, believe that's the norm.

Along the lines of the Finned one though, I believe the strange hoarders won't log like before, claiming to lug a backpack fulla Dora the explorer and rubber dinosaur toys (and all those coins...) cache-to-cache.

- Instead they may just keep them without at least that finger point of where they might be.

I have a app that auto logs visits to TB's. You can turn it off but I keep it on because I have a personal TB that I want to have visit every cache I find. I do make a effort to not have the other ones visit every cache. I sometimes forget to check the box for them so they don't show. I am sure others don't bother so it shows a visit to every cache.