TB Hotel

Wolfy&TJ

I found my first travel bug (not mine just the first one Ive found). Obviously I want to do things properly and move it on towards its goal. I logged it as lifted (as per the instructions), but it was only when I logged it I discovered that the cache it was in is labelled as a "TB hotel". Can someone explain what a TB hotel is please ? Its it just a cache that is particularly suitable for leaving TB's in or something else?

I thought it best to ask before replacing it somewhere else, just in case they are supposed to sit in hotels for some reason unbeknown to me. Thanks

Some (not all) TB Hotels are "black holes" for trackables.

It helps if you check the cache inventory list/activity prior to dropping a trackable in one. If there is a lot of them that check in, but never check out... then it isn't a good place to drop one.

Some TB Hotels are designed for safety of the trackable, while others are created simply because somebody wanted to "have" a TB Hotel as a cache placement w/o thought as to what happens to those trackables placed within. You can see where this is going...

There are plenty of "Hotels" about, some have better track records than do others.

To the cache owner, the Hotel is a nice place for travel bugs and potential movers of travel bugs to meet in one convenient place.

To the travel bug owners it can be a place where bugs languish for long periods of time, imprisoned by cache owners who like to keep their hotel perpetually filled, sometimes employing certain unofficial rules to persuade finders to not take more than a certain number, or not take one without leaving one, etc. We sometimes call them "travel bug prisons."

Edited by nonaeroterraqueous

Honestly, in this day and age hotels are the only caches people can find large enough to hold a tb and have a chance someone will pick it up. Don't get me wrong I'll take issue with take one - leave one but the fact is people find the newest caches and those are micros. We need something out there that people might be willing to revisit just to drop a bug.

Honestly, in this day and age hotels are the only caches people can find large enough to hold a tb and have a chance someone will pick it up. Don't get me wrong I'll take issue with take one - leave one but the fact is people find the newest caches and those are micros. We need something out there that people might be willing to revisit just to drop a bug.

. there are not too many TB hotels by me...I makes a great tb hotel but so many tiny caches around my area...and keep hoping a cache is arcive. so I can find it a home ....

We have one on our property and when we get notified of any activity we check it out to make sure trackables are in there. When wife & I go on a road trip then we'll pick up all of the trackables and drop them off in caches along the way. For any that we find on the road trip we might bring them back to our TB motel for the locals to pick up and move on.