Feature request: Quickviews Needs Maintenance summary

the Seagnoid

Once the email advising me that a cache needs maintenance is gone, it can be very hard to work out which cache it was. It would be nice to have a summary list of caches that need maintenance, listed in Profile:Quickiew, just above the summary list of Your Unpublished Disabled Caches. This would result in them being constantly highlighted to the cache owner (me), which means I won't forget them and they will get maintained faster, thus improving the caching experience for those that hunt for it.

I have just noticed I have a cache that has needed maintenance for over a month! Normally I fix them within a week. Which others of mine need maintenance? I don't know.

Thanks guys,

Tom

Once the email advising me that a cache needs maintenance is gone, it can be very hard to work out which cache it was. It would be nice to have a summary list of caches that need maintenance, listed in Profile:Quickiew, just above the summary list of Your Unpublished Disabled Caches. This would result in them being constantly highlighted to the cache owner (me), which means I won't forget them and they will get maintained faster, thus improving the caching experience for those that hunt for it.

I have just noticed I have a cache that has needed maintenance for over a month! Normally I fix them within a week. Which others of mine need maintenance? I don't know.

Thanks guys,

Tom

I would like to see these caches listed at the top of our private profile page. Cache owners who want to see them will have easy access and appreciate the reminder, and those that don't want to see them, will.

But, since you opened with it, I'll point it out. Don't delete the email. I do not delete any emails that note an issue with any of my caches until I have addressed the issue.

Thanks guys,

Tom

How about a Pocket Query listing "caches that I own" with the Needs Maintenance attribute set? Unless you own over 500 caches that need maintenance you can get the list emailed to you every day.

I approve of the idea but as a premium member you can create a workaround.

Thanks guys,

Tom

How about a Pocket Query listing "caches that I own" with the Needs Maintenance attribute set? Unless you own over 500 caches that need maintenance you can get the list emailed to you every day.

I approve of the idea but as a premium member you can create a workaround.

Yes, that would work. I still like the idea of putting it front and center on your profile page if for any reason but to make it an annoyance for those that would prefer to ignore their maintenance responsibilities.

Yes, a pocket query works but is cludgy. Why grab a GPX from an email and have to load it into something to see what it contains, when Groundspeak actively promote that cachers do maintenance but give little tools to identify what caches need meintenance? Especially when they already provide EXACTLY what is needed, as a warning when you start work on publishing a new cache. Just take that query and data and present it on the profile page.

Nope pocket queries do not work.

Most of the time the pocket query will be empty, and an email is still sent even if there are no results. The last think I want to do is spam myself with useless data. The one time there is something interesting it will get discarded as per habit.

It needs to be an exception report (ie give no report at all if there is nothing there) and in your face as a constant reminder.

I too would prefer it to be at the top of the profile page. I like to take care of my maintenance problems quickly but some have slipped by me at times. I fixed one a while back and then forgot to enable it again. The posting on the profile page would sure have come in handy and I would have enabled it much quicker than I did. Also I would like cache owners that don't do a lot of maintenance to have this on their cache page as a constant reminder. Maybe it would bug them enough to fix their caches? Not sure about that but the excuse of I forgot about it sure wouldn't be there anymore.

I totally agree with The Seagnoid. We need an up-front reminder that you have Owned caches that need maintenance listed in Profile:Quickiew. I agree that putting together a pocket query is a good temporary option but it requires cachers to be proactive, which, for the garden variety cacher, is not something they are thinking of.

Great idea Seagnoid! You get my vote.

Edited by bushman002

Yes, DanPan, that is exactly the list that needs to be on the profile page, thanks for the link to it. But as it stands now, it does not beep to remind me to look at it, so I still do not know if I have any that need fixing, and I have no need to go to this page unless I know that I have some that need fixing. I am certainly not going to look there every day on the off-chance that something has changed and I missed the email.

I want cache owners to be EXPLICITLY reminded constantly that they have caches that need fixing. This means I will get them fixed faster, and provide a better experience for other cachers trying to find my caches. The banner on the profile page will do the job nicely.