Travelling abroad

thenewlimey

Kind of a silly question but, I'm going to be travelling abroad to the UK and want to check out some caches over there. I have the Venture HC and wondered if I need to do anything to it to make it work out there. Also, while sitting in the US, I am downloading geocaches to my GPS and when I go to look in the log for them (expecting to see 6935 miles) I don't see any of the recent ones in the waypoints or the geocaches list. I'm guessing it's because the GPS looks for "nearby" caches and these aren't quiet nearby.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Yes, about viewing nearby caches - i think it will show caches within 50 miles. If u look by waypoint name, u will see them.

When u get to UK u may have to go through the 'acquire new location' procedure. I used to travel internationally (Belize, Switzerland, Ethiopia etc) and never had a problem with my Vista HCx. You may be able to download free maps too.

Yes, about viewing nearby caches - i think it will show caches within 50 miles. If u look by waypoint name, u will see them.

When u get to UK u may have to go through the 'acquire new location' procedure. I used to travel internationally (Belize, Switzerland, Ethiopia etc) and never had a problem with my Vista HCx. You may be able to download free maps too.

Sweet! I'm stoked.Thanks a lot.