Geocacher For Hire

Ok, so I'm scrolling through the sporting goods ads in St. George, Utah when I see the heading, "geocaching"........interesting I say to myself.......

So I open it, and this is the monstrosity that was inside!

Do you want to find thousands of geocaches in a power trail or that lonely one in the middle of nowhere? I will do the finding for YOU!

Do you want to place a drive by, a power trail, a geo-art, or a lonely cache where no one has ever been? I will do the placement for YOU!

Don't want to rappel, Scuba dive, hike, or search forever? I will do it for YOU!

Starts at $1.00, including documentation with photos or video.

For price, email a detailed description of what you want along with your geo-name.

No task is too large or small.

Local, national, or international.

Increase your rating and status.

Complete your charts, improve your statistics.

Collect badges, belts, and souvenirs.

Place, retrieve, or discover trackables.

Confidentiality assured.

Satisfaction guaranteed.

http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/spo/4020348812.html

Two things-ONE;Your point? Are you mad? Amused? I don't see why you are posting this, which brings me to number TWO:It's already been brought up, nothing new. People will try anything to make money-I just saw someone try to sell something used for triple what I could buy it new for. And if you think this is low, search the forums for Dirtbag Geocaching Society.

Does he do puzzles? Lol!

OOOO! Good one! Why didn't I think of that?

Solve a puzzle for me for a few bucks! :)

Right now there is a multi-stage cache spanning the entire southwest US (involves SCUBA according to the CO) that I would also love to be FTF on.

As long as the price is negotiated up front and the individual delivers...this could be fun!

Move over Lab Caches! :ph34r:

Does he do puzzles? Lol!

OOOO! Good one! Why didn't I think of that?

Solve a puzzle for me for a few bucks! :)

Right now there is a multi-stage cache spanning the entire southwest US (involves SCUBA according to the CO) that I would also love to be FTF on.

As long as the price is negotiated up front and the individual delivers...this could be fun!

Move over Lab Caches! :ph34r:

Do you have a pay pal account? :ph34r:<_<:laughing:

The ad should be reported for it's huge error.

"Increase your rating and status."

One has nothing to do with the other.

I can only assume it does in the minds of many, otherwise it really wouldn't be about the numbers.

If someone wants to claim a very difficult 5/5 it's one way of doing it, given the owner of such a cache may just be checking the log book every once in a while. If the only purpose is to claim a huge power trail it seems cheaper to just claim them anyway and save the money - if you never went anywhere near the trail it's not like paying someone else to do it is fundamentally any different to just claiming it from your armchair. When the idea is to just replace anything that's missing it seems unlikely anybody checks the logs.

Well I emailed him/her asking about the ET trail, but still no reply... dry.gif

Well... tell him that we will send him a rubber stamp for 50 of us and will pay him one buck a cache. :ph34r:

So, that's 2 cents each for the ET trail? I'm in!!! I'll just start a sock account to do those....then merge later.......:ph34r:

I will visit Hawai'i for you!

Do you want to enjoy the beaches of Kauai, surf the north shore of Oahu, take a mule ride down the cliffs of Molokai? I WILL DO IT FOR YOU!

Do you want to sip Mai Tais beside a pool, or spend hours reading an actual book? I WILL DO IT FOR YOU!

Don't want to deal with the hassle of airport travel or the TSA? I WILL DO IT FOR YOU!

Starts at $1.00, plus expenses and a moderate per diem, including documentation with photos or video.

For price, email a detailed description of what you want along with a bank account number.

No task is too large or small.

WE WILL REMEMBER IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE!

Satisfaction guaranteed.

Well I emailed him/her asking about the ET trail, but still no reply... dry.gif

Well... tell him that we will send him a rubber stamp for 50 of us and will pay him one buck a cache. :ph34r:

So, that's 2 cents each for the ET trail? I'm in!!! I'll just start a sock account to do those....then merge later.......:ph34r:

:lol:

The I guy hired, hid all my caches, found all my finds, attended events for me, even did all my DNFs. This left me free to pursue my real passion. Worm farming.

Hey... don't knock worm farming, along with geocaching and making pens, it is been a fun hobby of mine for years.

The I guy hired, hid all my caches, found all my finds, attended events for me, even did all my DNFs. This left me free to pursue my real passion. Worm farming.

Hey... don't knock worm farming, along with geocaching and making pens, it is been a fun hobby of mine for years.

It's OK. But I have people who do that for me now.

Sure...I COULD pay someone to do the powertrails for me, but then I realized I could do them myself from the comfort of my own home. I'm actually hoping to hit the 2 million smiley mark some time next year.

That would work out pretty well for you. Cache Owners pay cachers to do those power trails. It's the only way they get done.

:yikes:

:anibad:

:laughing:

Sure...I COULD pay someone to do the powertrails for me, but then I realized I could do them myself from the comfort of my own home. I'm actually hoping to hit the 2 million smiley mark some time next year.

Yes, they don't check signatures on powertrails, as the containers migrate and get changed out on a regular basis, so paying someone to actually find them would be useless. However, I would pay someone to log them, as even using copy and paste on all of them would be a waste of time. :D

Yes, they don't check signatures on powertrails, as the containers migrate and get changed out on a regular basis, so paying someone to actually find them would be useless. However, I would pay someone to log them, as even using copy and paste on all of them would be a waste of time. :D

Maybe the guy could combine a shop vac with a shredder?

Drive down the ET Highway sucking up film cans and spewing out shreds?

Keep doing the series till the owner(s) give up?

I'd pay to see that happen. :ph34r:

Maybe the guy could combine a shop vac with a shredder?

Drive down the ET Highway sucking up film cans and spewing out shreds?

Keep doing the series till the owner(s) give up?

I'd pay to see that happen. :ph34r:

:lol:

I'll do it at a very low $ per log rate (of course, I'll use GSAK, Publish Logs w/ a template and it might take me 5 minutes work and the computer does the rest...).

I'd pay that guy to go fishing for me. Tomorrow he can go to a movie for me, go attend a ballgame, etc. That's amazing, I can have all these hobbies without actually doing any of them.

Nothing to do with doing the hobbies, got to do with ranking. Its another ballpark that come with geocaching.

I view geocaching as an online game computer that you play in outdoors. Most online game got a ranking system going on. You dont have to play it but those that do, watch out. :ph34r: