"Need Maintenance" not adding attribute

Copaman

I posted it as a "Needs Maintenance" log after posting a "Found It" log.

It warned me that doing so would trigger the addition of a "Needs Maintenance" attribute. However, if you look at the cache page, you'll see there is no attribute.

I'm one of those few people who checks for those attributes before going after a cache, so that's why I pointed it out.

It warned me that doing so would trigger the addition of a "Needs Maintenance" attribute. However, if you look at the cache page, you'll see there is no attribute.

I'm one of those few people who checks for those attributes before going after a cache, so that's why I pointed it out.

There's lots of weird stuff happening on the web site today. I'm sure it pop up at some point.

Some good news. The actual pq data that I pull and load into GSAK is correct. It appears it's just the preview option.

My preview looks good now. A post from a Lackey in another thread says that the problems have been fixed.

Although the attribute in the OP is still missing.

Perhaps the CO edited the attribute out before you could look? :unsure:

Yeah, that's it. The CO hasn't logged in since January, so he logged into the system in the 0.2 seconds after I hit "submit" and the page refreshed without the attribute.

Some of you guys are real geniuses.

Just thought I would let Groundspeak know. Jeez, you try to do a good thing...

Yeah, that's it. The CO hasn't logged in since January, so he logged into the system in the 0.2 seconds after I hit "submit" and the page refreshed without the attribute.

Just thought I would let Groundspeak know. Jeez, you try to do a good thing...

You didn't offer that information in your original post! You need to get that chip on your shoulder looked at before it does some serious damage.

Here's the deal: I posted a bug. Everyone else has come in here offering suggestions of "Are you sure you posted a 'needs maintenance' log?" or "Maybe the CO changed the attributes after you posted it?"

Seriously? That's akin to "Did you turn your computer on?"

There is a bug. I posted it. The bug exists on the software side of things, and no matter how much you guys choose to try to put it back on me by implying that I am somehow inept in using this site, the fact remains: there is a bug.

Thanks, Don J, your advice about getting "my chip" looked at was very helpful. I don't know how I survived so long without such stellar advice. You have definitely proved yourself as as asset to the geocaching community with that post! Keep them coming!

Dude!

Certainly there have been site issues recently.

Perhaps the failure of a NM icon to be set on the cache is due to them.

The 'owner edited attributes' scenario was just another possible explanation...

Nobody (but you) has said anything about your ineptitude.

I will have to agree with Don J in his assessment of your attitude.

Didn't get any last night? :unsure:

You didn't offer that information in your original post! You need to get that chip on your shoulder looked at before it does some serious damage.

Actually, there is a bug with the last login date not consistently updating. I know of specific instances in just the last week of someone logging in, getting information that can't be seen if not logged in (specifically coordinates) and meeting up with me, while the site still shows they haven't been on in a couple weeks. So yes, the chip is still there.

Everyone else has come in here offering suggestions of "Are you sure you posted a 'needs maintenance' log?

No, you were asked if when you posted the log if it followed a particular sequence, which has been noted in the past as not setting the attribute. Specifically you were asked if you posted another type of log and changed it to needs maintenance. No one questioned if the log was present, and most people responding to you probably saw the log and didn't doubt its existence.

"Maybe the CO changed the attributes after you posted it?"

A very realistic possibility. You failed to say that you looked immediately after posting the log. It would be a valid assumption that you looked the next day and the attribute was missing, a possible indication the CO did something.

I am somehow inept in using this site

You failed to provide full details, then you argue based on the details you failed to provide. Failure is a sign of ineptness.

All of the points suggested in this thread were valid points based on known behavior of the site, bug or not.