That's it had enough

I'm sorry to hear that.

Is this one cache owner that does this or several?

I tend to see the same on less experienced cachers but very rarely on the veteran cacher. Maybe it's just where you are?

Edit: I'm presuming you're referring to the system problems? Of course the coords on the site being wrong from time to time is not GC.com's fault

Edited by Beach_hut

Ah - it's not me then!

I was just trying to look at all my hides to see what had the most favourite points (it'll be a modest number, don't worry!), but it keeps asking me to input username (by hidden) without a box to type in.

So looking at Tony's profile, similar silly things are happening.

I hope it's just a temporary blip as I have some logs to make...

:blink:

Ah - it's not me then!

I was just trying to look at all my hides to see what had the most favourite points (it'll be a modest number, don't worry!), but it keeps asking me to input username (by hidden) without a box to type in.

So looking at Tony's profile, similar silly things are happening.

I hope it's just a temporary blip as I have some logs to make...

:blink:

No it's a system problem, there are bug reports for it on the bug forum.

I'm sorry to hear that.Is this one cache owner that does this or several?I tend to see the same on less experienced cachers but very rarely on the veteran cacher. Maybe it's just where you are?Edit: I'm presuming you're referring to the system problems? Of course the coords on the site being wrong from time to time is not GC.com's fault

Ah - it's not me then!I was just trying to look at all my hides to see what had the most favourite points (it'll be a modest number, don't worry!), but it keeps asking me to input username (by hidden) without a box to type in.So looking at Tony's profile, similar silly things are happening.I hope it's just a temporary blip as I have some logs to make... :blink:

Beach_hut

It is a mix of cachers (old and new), I think it is down to modern technology.

Original A1

Yes problems with the site, seem to getting more frequent in my mind.

Tony

Hi, I'm new to this even though I registered a couple if years ago but never did anything, I recently hid my first caches and was a bit worried about getting coordinates exact as one is under quite heavy tree cover, I then received some comments saying coordinates where out and some saying they where spot on. What I gather from this is that it's never going to right as no one knows how accurate the finders gps are, I can see the annoyance at people changing coords but if they are fairly good and the clue helps I'm happy

Hi ashreigney

I have no gripe about co-ords being a few feet off due to tree cover or such like.

It's when co-ords are out by 100 or so feet in the open that gets me going, lost count of how many I DNF'd only to get notification co-ords changed to 100+ feet away due to this phone or that phone ect ect.

Tony

It must be a particular cacher in your area. I've rarely seen this happen; perhaps three or four times in nine years (although no mention of phones being involved). Occasionally the cache is moved but the owner forgets to change the coordinates. Or a typo when keying in the coordinates to the web page.

Edited by Happy Humphrey

Humphrey 9 years! Seriously you are going to use 9 years as a benchmark with which to be surprised. Omfg. And the app was invented for the smartphone when. And the smartphone was invented when. And Internet was cheap on it enough to use when.

Well we have come across it a lot. A phone is NOT a GPS - and I can link one right away where this is the problem. In fact there is another series where the owner says "it's all part of the fun" though this person has refined and refined his series and tries really hard not to muck people about. But both used a phone to put out their series.

The one that made me roll my eyes was the pen top. Pushed into a tree lined walk with moss everywhere and a small spider glued to the top which was just wider than the pentop nanos top m After a load of dnf's finally the owner condescended to go out and check it ...... 92 feet out. FFS. It's now been found.

Humphrey 9 years! Seriously you are going to use 9 years as a benchmark with which to be surprised. Omfg. And the app was invented for the smartphone when. And the smartphone was invented when. And Internet was cheap on it enough to use when.

Well, I guess that it must be the type of cache that you select, then.

Yes, I've come across cases where the coordinates are seriously wrong: but it's always obvious before you set out. I suppose I'm forgetting those where I've left them off the shortlist because there seems to be issues (dodgy coordinates, doubts whether it's in place, wet logbook, poor reviews etc). You simply ignore them, don't you? If it's a FTF then you don't have the information, but that's a different game. If you're playing the "clear your home area" game then you have to accept the hazards of not allowing yourself to be selective.