Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Tayger

Hellou again

Guess you have some general problem atm. I wanted to check a friends done geocaches. After clicking his link in my friend list I got his overview page. After this I click on tab "Geocaches" and got an overview of his caches found and owned. Then I clcik on his finds (link All Geocaches Finds) and got the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I assume there are some general problems around.

Greetings Tayger

Well I hope they fix it soon and at least tell us they will. I cached most of this last week with friends and I want to confirm I am logging the same as them since we were all together and I didn't have all the caches loaded and could only mark the spots we did.

This seems to be related to the Topic (maybe it's a database thing). When I request "Search for Nearby Geocaches" from the GC home page, the list doesn't sort. Click "D" or "T" in the "D/T" column, or the Favorites icon, and you get a search form instead of getting the sorted list. Click "Placed", "Last Found", or the "Distance" icon, and the list flashes, but the sort does not occur. But the cache info in the list is up to date.

Edited by kunarion

Why all those updates, that we didn't ask for, and thereafter nothing works like it should :o

Please test your updates before uploading to the site !

It is tradition at Groundspeak that they never test their updates. The customer can do this.

Why all those updates, that we didn't ask for, and thereafter nothing works like it should :o

Please test your updates before uploading to the site !

It is tradition at Groundspeak that they never test their updates. The customer can do this.

Indeed, I don't understand this anymore, it's so for years at GC :mad:

After submitting an enhancement request recently I was assured by Groundspeak that they closely monitor the forums. So why haven't they posted here to say they are working on this group of problems? Hmmm, could that function be broken too? They also have a Twitter account. Why no announcement there? They do a lot of things right, but they sure know how to p*** us off. :-)

yep...us too...could not do a search by country or region....but was able to find new caches near home by trolling the map. (s'pose we could sign up for alerts...nah)

But...can I say...lets not trash the web page people....I suspect they are doing things for love....and surely will sort it soon.

at least I now know it was not a "me" problem.

chill people...enjoy....and go safe out there

P

I am also seeing this. And, in conjunction with this issue, when I tried to search for a cache by keyword, I got this page:

500 - Server Error

We're sorry, your request has resulted in an error.

If you feel that the page you are looking for should be available, please let us know. Otherwise, you may continue to use the site through its navigation, or browse the links below:

The same Problem here. Oh, I hate this Amateur programmers!

CU

Stefan

I do believe the lackey's abilities far exceed what we have purchased with our mobile app and premium fees. Oh wait- a sizable percentage use the site and play the game for free- I guess they too get much more than they pay for.

In meantime you can use this:

http://jeep.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx

Nice but doesn't help when looking up another cachers finds.

Actually the ad for jeep works very nicely just change the www to jeep in the address and hit enter and there you go.

It's sort of like having the major sports arenas sponsored by products ... think AT&T Park for the San Francisco Giants for example ... I guess.

In meantime you can use this:

http://jeep.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx

Nice but doesn't help when looking up another cachers finds.

Actually the ad for jeep works very nicely just change the www to jeep in the address and hit enter and there you go.

It's sort of like having the major sports arenas sponsored by products ... think AT&T Park for the San Francisco Giants for example ... I guess.

Sorry I don't understand how I look up what others found.

Add me to the list. I needed to update coordinates on one of my new caches, no can do, since all afternoon. Guess, I might have to do something else. I used to do other things, what was that...............oh TV, maybe I could use that thing again. No, I don't think I used that remote for a cache container, but I might have robbed the batteries. Oh well.