Garmin Dakota 10 - PQ's not downloading latest logs

AlexUK51

I have generated a pocket query, unzipped it and sent to to my Garmin Dakota 10 using EasyGPS. However, only the older logs are showing on the device - the latest logs are missing. I still have 500MB of space left on the Garmin. All the ohter info about the caches seems to be there, just the newest logs have not downloaded to the device. Any help much appreciated, thanks.

The gpx file you download only contains the 5 most recent logs for each cache. You can actually open and read the gpx file with a text editor to verify this. Make sure that the caches you are looking at aren't doubled up in another gpx file. The GPS will only read one instance, and it could be that you have an older instance of that geocache hidden away in another PQ or GSAK gpx file.

Hi mineral2. Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that if a certain cache loaded on to the Dakota from a previous PQ exists and I download another PQ which contains the same cache due to a geographical overlap, then the new PQ will not overwrite the existing cache?

Try this without skipping any steps:

1. Attach gps to computer; delete all gpx files from all Garmin\gpx folders that the unit makes available on the computer (i.e. both internal and SD card if there is one).

2. If you are on a Mac then now also empty the Trash;

3. Disconnect and restart GPSr and verify that nothing now shows (to assure that the internal database is completely cleared).

4. Attach gps to computer via USB again and when the drives show up put the desired gpx files back.

5. Disconnect GPS from computer and start it up.

Try this without skipping any steps:

1. Attach gps to computer; delete all gpx files from all Garmin\gpx folders that the unit makes available on the computer (i.e. both internal and SD card if there is one).

2. If you are on a Mac then now also empty the Trash;

3. Disconnect and restart GPSr and verify that nothing now shows (to assure that the internal database is completely cleared).

4. Attach gps to computer via USB again and when the drives show up put the desired gpx files back.

5. Disconnect GPS from computer and start it up.

Note: If there is other data that you want to keep (waypoints, tracks, routes, etc.), you can back them up to your computer first using Basecamp.