Question about container size...

La Griffe

Hi folks, I'm working on a hide that I plan on submitting very soon but before I do, I have a question... The physical container will be a nano with room for only a log. I'll probably use an empty prescription pill bottle, or something very similar. I am however constructing camo for the cache and the container will sit inside my camo. The camo is much bigger than the cache so I'm wondering what size I classify it as - a nano or a "regular" due to my camo.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by La Griffe

From the perspective of "What fits inside the container?" it is clearly a micro-size cache. All that fits is the tiny scroll.

From the perspective of "What am I looking for?" it is also a micro-size cache. It does no good to merely find the log or the rock or the sprinkler control box or the stump or the concrete block or whatever camouflage you're using. I have to find the micro-size cache hidden in/on the larger object. Consider an extreme example: a blinker stuck somewhere on a locomotive on display at a public park. Finding the locomotive does no good. I have to find the blinker hidden somewhere on the locomotive. That's the object I'm looking for.

The way I see it is that if the container can be removed from the camo (a film canister inside a log for example) then you go by the size of the container. If the camo is the container then go by the size of the whole thing.
So a blinker held to the side of a 55-gallon drum magnetically is a micro, but a blinker held to the side of a 55-gallon drum with epoxy is a large?

That makes no sense to me. Either way, finding the large-size 55-gallon drum does me no good by itself. I have to find the micro-size blinker.

Definitely not a reg container, unless that is one big pill bottle. This can be either a sm or micro. If the pill bottle is also going to be used to hold swag, then its a small in my book. Or, if the pill bottle is empty, its also a small. If you will fill the pill bottle with fill matter (pebbles, marbles, etc...) where you have to dig out the nano, then i would list it as a micro.

Would you/could you put swag or trackables in the camo container itself? If so, how is that different from wrapping the log sheet in a plastic bag inside an ammo can? Yeah...the log is in a 'micro' container, but if the larger container can itself be used as a container for the cache items, I would go with the small or regular classification. If not...yeah, micro.