"Explore" mode... Let me explain

GeoDEEC

When I'm riding in the car (and I have to admit it, sometimes when I am driving) I have my app open and I like to watch all the caches go by as I travel. But this is sort of a pain because I need to constantly re-center my position on the map because I soon drive out of range. Also when I move the map enough I have to click on the "search" icon again to refresh all the caches.

If there was an "explore" mode I envision that I would always be in the center of the map which would travel with me without me having to scroll and I'd never have to press the "search" magnifying glass icon again.

What do you think GC community? Pretty awesome feature, am I right?

Edited by GeoDEEC

When I'm riding in the car (and I have to admit it, sometimes when I am driving) I have my app open and I like to watch all the caches go by as I travel. But this is sort of a pain because I need to constantly re-center my position on the map because I soon drive out of range. Also when I move the map enough I have to click on the "search" icon again to refresh all the caches.

If there was an "explore" mode I envision that I would always be in the center of the map which would travel with me without me having to scroll and I'd never have to press the "search" magnifying glass icon again.

As a professional driver, I think you need to put your device down and drive your car.

Holy crap you are going to get yourself killed. Keep your eyes on the road not your phone. If you want to look at the caches, pull over first.

As for your technical query, maybe what you need is a different app that will automatically keep you center in the map. Also, as per needing to refresh the caches, you can put the caches on your phone ahead of time so they are available "offline". Helps if you don't have a good signal. Again, not sure the Groundspeak app will let you do this. If not, you need a different app. I use LocusPro.

Edited by The_Incredibles_

As a professional driver, I think you need to put your device down and drive your car.

+1 In some places that is illegal. In my province there is a distracted driving law and it specifically mentions using a cellphone is not allowed, except when talking to emergency services.

And just to say it- my GPS does exactly what you want.