Mission 7-crab creek

Guest Hyper-X

Guest Hyper-X

well once agian NOT in Texas but at least it has a better chance of being found than Brazil and Japan. My guess is that it is either New york or Florida

HyperX

Guest ClayJar

How about Louisiana. Think about it: you had Brazil, then Japan... Louisiana fits right in there. (And don't start saying, "Texas, it's like a whole other country," or things like that, 'cause Texas isn't in the running. icon_smile.gif

Guest ClayJar

How about Louisiana. Think about it: you had Brazil, then Japan... Louisiana fits right in there. (And don't start saying, "Texas, it's like a whole other country," or things like that, 'cause Texas isn't in the running. icon_smile.gif

Guest Hyper-X

Yeah... I see how Louisiana fits right in with Brazil and Japan...Not!!!hehe To bad the cajin state has also been sidelined and is not in the running

HyperX

oh and P.S. Apes do wear cowboy hats, boots and stetsons... well the sophisticated ones at least. Hahaha

[This message has been edited by Hyper-X (edited 05 July 2001).]

Guest ClayJar

due to the fact that I have seen "cajun" restaurants and dishes all over the US (and beyond, I'm told), and not to burst anyone's bubble, but they're a piece of stale, buttered shoe-leather! If you want Cajun food, you simply have to come down here sometime. (I'd recommend against Mardi Gras if you're coming for anything but getting drunk, but anytime during crawfish/etc season is perfect, and any other time is right next to perfect.)

Guest makaio

Just as I figured,it's somewhere in the Chesapeake Bay area (MD?VA/DE), being that crabbing is such a huge market in that area. Look for it along one of the many large creeks that dump into the bay. My guess is on the MD side as the crabbing is much more prevalent on that side of the bay.

Guest tuckers_trio

Ah, but there are streams called "Crab Creek" all over the place--Tennessee, Washington State, etc. This won't necessarily be near the Bay.

tucker (in Maryland)

Guest Cape Cod Cache

#7 is Crab Creek you say? I put a 'Crab Creek' cache out on 5/02, first day of crabbing in Mass. 'Course crabs don't like cold water too much, so they didn't show till recently. I can think of 4 'Crab Creeks' in my county.

Guest makaio

Just because the cache is called "Crab Creek" doesn't mean it's near a creek by that name. Fork Canyon wasn't in a canyon by that name. I'd bet it's near a creek within the crabbing areas (near the bay), but then again...who knows.

Guest bob_renner

According to my map, the cache is located in the northern extremes of Rock Creek Regional Park. Right next to the site is Crabbs Branch Local Park. If I remember correctly from when I used to live in the area, Crabbs Branch is a tributary of Rock Creek. There is a tie in to the cache name.

Bob

Guest jeremy

Huh. Usually the mission name has clues as to what the prop was. I wonder what it was.

I honestly don't know. They don't tell me anything (though they do tell me the coordinates the day before. Sorry, no bribes accepted!)

Looks like it was a very successful cache, however.

icon_wink.gif

Jeremy

Guest jeremy

Huh. Usually the mission name has clues as to what the prop was. I wonder what it was.

I honestly don't know. They don't tell me anything (though they do tell me the coordinates the day before. Sorry, no bribes accepted!)

Looks like it was a very successful cache, however.

icon_wink.gif

Jeremy

Guest Pokey

Misson #5 was in Monrovia Canyon Park and the item was a Fork!. Likewise Mission #1 "the devils spoon" was a spoon on Mt. Diablo. It does make you wonder what they stuck in the cache this time?

Guest John Swarey

I was the first to find the cache. It is located in Rock Creek Park. The prop was an ape club. I will be posting some pictures to my web page pretty soon. It was a nice find in a pretty cool park. I have a friend who lives close to the location. I was lucky enough to meet a couple of fellow geocachers on the hunt. We all had a nice time on this hunt.

There were some complaints in the past about not having enough prizes. This cache had the prop, plus a few other promotional items. Also, I left a pocket tool as a trade for the prop.I hope people will have a good time with this one.

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by John Swarey:

I was the first to find the cache. It is located in Rock Creek Park. The prop was an ape club.

Congrats on being the first finder! It's a great strip of park too. I biked it many times when living in Rockville.

Jeremy

Guest rebobbitt

Thanks for posting pictures so fast! It's nice to know someone lets the rest of us in on what it's like to find the APE cache!

Rick

quote:
Originally posted by John Swarey:

I was the first to find the cache. It is located in Rock Creek Park. The prop was an ape club. I will be posting some pictures to my web page pretty soon.