Needs Maintenance flag when listing your caches

Simrebel

So the other day I got a email on my phone saying one of my caches needed maintenance.

I deleted the message and planned on checking it out when I got on a computer

So went to see what was wrong witht he cache, but think I could remember which one it was

So had to click on each one of my 58 to see which one it was.

Wouldn't it be nice if when you listed caches you owned caches a Needs Maintenance flag would appear by any needing maintenance

So the other day I got a email on my phone saying one of my caches needed maintenance.

So went to see what was wrong witht he cache, but think I could remember which one it was

Wouldn't it be nice if when you listed caches you owned caches a Needs Maintenance flag would appear by any needing maintenance

A quick way to find it is to click "Hide a Cache"

A quick way to find it is to click "Hide a Cache"

That is a roundabout and totally unintuitive way of finding it.

Personally, I think all owned caches that are disabled or need maintenance should be listed at the top of our personal profiles.

I deleted the message

Well, why would you delete the message? :mad:

A NM log can provide useful information to someone who is looking for the cache. Some people just can't stand for anyone to tell them that they are anything less than perfect.

I deleted the message

Well, why would you delete the message? :mad:

A NM log can provide useful information to someone who is looking for the cache. Some people just can't stand for anyone to tell them that they are anything less than perfect.

Wow!

He deleted the message off of his phone, then couldn't remember what cache it referenced. He never said that he deleted the log off of the cache.

He deleted the message off of his phone, then couldn't remember what cache it referenced. He never said that he deleted the log off of the cache.

But of the NM log is still there, then the NM flag is still there and the cache is easily found by looking through this list

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=simrebel

There is just one cache there with a NM flag namely

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC3B1F3_nrt-lock-out

This is just one click away from the above, no need to click at each cache page and no need to use the hide a cache link.

Edited by cezanne

I think that people are missing what the feature request actually was. The CO thinks, and I agree, that if he has a cache that needs maintenance, it should be more in his face when he visits the web site. He should not have to drill down to it or know paths that he normally wouldn't use.

I think that people are missing what the feature request actually was. The CO thinks, and I agree, that if he has a cache that needs maintenance, it should be more in his face when he visits the web site.

As he asked for a needs maintenance flag, something which exists, it is not so surprising that what he asked for could easily be misunderstood.

Cezanne

I think that people are missing what the feature request actually was. The CO thinks, and I agree, that if he has a cache that needs maintenance, it should be more in his face when he visits the web site. He should not have to drill down to it or know paths that he normally wouldn't use.

Original post:

I wasn't sure about it, but as cezanne pointed out, the list of owned caches does indicate which ones need maintenance. Look for a red wrench in the "cache info" column. If that's not what the OP was asking for, it needed to be worded differently.

I agree, it would be nice to have caches that need your attention appear at the top of your profile page.

I think it would be beneficial, not simply nice to have. Cache-owner dashboard service. Nothing new, just feed all the stuff you get already in one place.

Agreed.

This is why I immediately place any caches I own and have any inkling may need maintenance on a bookmark list created just for this.

Considering that non-PM cachers can't have bookmark lists, it would be nice to have some universal means to remind a cache owner of their responsibilities.

Agreed.

This is why I immediately place any caches I own and have any inkling may need maintenance on a bookmark list created just for this.

Considering that non-PM cachers can't have bookmark lists, it would be nice to have some universal means to remind a cache owner of their responsibilities.

I commend you for your diligence in maintaining your cache(s)!

One cache I just found has a pretty absentee CO (hasn't logged in to GC.com since 3/2012) and it has 2 NM's on it that were not acted on. I felt really bad to log it as a NA, but the poor cache was in a pretty bad shape.