Loading Oregon 450t from GSAK

=CCC=

I have a Oregon 450t with latest FW (6.4?)

I have registered GSAK 8.3.1.45

I maintain several dbs in GSAK, and typically just send all WPs from one of them to my Oregon.

Once upon a time I could run the GPS>Send Waypoints to my Oregon without issues, seeing the caches under the Geocaches icon. Now, I get "No geocaches found....visit...." after I uploaded WPs and click on Geocaches icon.

Did something change?

Setting used in Send Waypoint are:

Max geocaches - 2000

File: Geocaches.gpx

Waypoint type - geocaches

Clear GPS before Tx

Settings - Last active

Upon completion, I see the following file on my GPS:

F:\Garmin\GPX\Geocaches.gpx

Any help would be appreciated....

=CCC=

The way I do it with GSAK is to use File/Export/GPX and make sure the box for Waypoint Name is Code. There are many other export options to configure the way you want. Then either save it somewhere and copy/paste it into your Garmin/GPX folder, or export directly there.

The way I do it with GSAK is to use File/Export/GPX and make sure the box for Waypoint Name is Code. There are many other export options to configure the way you want. Then either save it somewhere and copy/paste it into your Garmin/GPX folder, or export directly there.

Thanks Timpat....got this to work AFTER I changed the GPX file type to version 1.1 using the File/Export/GPX method you provided.

Thanks,

Paul

Glad to see someone else having the same problem. I had an Oregon 450 for years and had no difficulties with GSAK. If I were to delete all the maps that the 450T comes with, do you think it would solve the problem?

dggram Ottawa

No issues here sending using "Send waypoints" to my Oregon 450.

FWIW, my own preferences are

Yes (child waypoints)

All children

30 logs

Clear before sending

Waypoint type = geocaches

Name = %drop2 %con1%dif1a%ter1a %last4 %name

Not that any of the above matters to your problem. Almost all of the time, when we hear about "No geocaches found" on one of these units, it's related to a problem with the disconnect. If the device is not logically disconnected properly (using whatever means your OS provides) before physically disconnecting, that seems to leave an incomplete transfer and can result no 'No geocaches found" even though you can see the *.gpx on the unit.

A more flexible way of exporting from GSAK is by using the GarminExport macro. It allows for the additional WPs to be exported as POI (divided as P, virtual, Physical, Ref point... in separate categories) so the WP list is not cluttered. The only WPs under "Waypoints" on my Or600 (and Colorado300 before that) are the ones I create myself in the field.

A more flexible way of exporting from GSAK is by using the GarminExport macro. It allows for the additional WPs to be exported as POI (divided as P, virtual, Physical, Ref point... in separate categories) so the WP list is not cluttered. The only WPs under "Waypoints" on my Or600 (and Colorado300 before that) are the ones I create myself in the field.

Same here.