I need help with the Geocaching.com maps

Degai

I don't know what has happened, but I can no longer click on a cache to get the short description of it when I go to the larger view of the maps. When I click on the cache, it just zooms in more-it doesn't give me any information. I have also had some difficulty when I click on hide and seek a cache and put in an address. These addresses have been around since the 70's, and yet, it will return with-cannot find this address. I have used the addresses for years and never had a problem until very recently. Is there some setting that I am missing? Is there anyone out there having any problems, besides me? Any suggestions? I have been caching since July 2006 and have never had this problem until now. HELP!

The map works fine for me. The find by address, not so much. I guess it fell victim to the search improvements that were incorporated a while back. It didn't find two known addresses, and on the third attempt, it put me in a city 200 miles away from the one I entered. SMH

You can try clearing your browser cache. I've had odd problems when it gets too full.

Hello there! I am not very technically savvy, could you explain what "clearing your browser cache" means and how to do it? I would really appreciate it and hope this would help my problem.

I have the same issue occasionally. Just zooming in a little more and usually that fixes the issue for me.

LOL-I do, especially when I am trying to locate caches near a certain place. I need all the help I can get these days! Thanks for the tip, though. I will give it a try.

You can try clearing your browser cache. I've had odd problems when it gets too full.

Hello there! I am not very technically savvy, could you explain what "clearing your browser cache" means and how to do it? I would really appreciate it and hope this would help my problem.

I can't say how all the different browsers work it, but in IE 8 go to Tools=>Internet Options, on the General tab under Browsing History is delete button. There you can delete various related items. The Temporary Internet Files is the one you want.

I can't say how all the different browsers work it, but in IE 8 go to Tools=>Internet Options, on the General tab under Browsing History is delete button. There you can delete various related items. The Temporary Internet Files is the one you want.

I was able to clear out my browser and it sort of worked. I was able to click on the caches on some of them, but at other times, it was the same problem-just zooming in on the map. Thank you so much for your help!