Mission 6- Asian Arm

Guest Hyper-X

Guest makaio

Here we go again...those APE minds hard at work. Another cache placed in a country with...count it...ONE geocache and only 2 known geocachers (the hider and the lone finder). Cache hidden in Feb and found in March with zero activity since. The race is on between Brazil and Japan. Brazil had a two week head start and hasn't made it out of the gate yet. Can Japan catch/pass them? Wonder what kind of odds Vegas is giving...

Guest Ron Streeter

As one of the first 3 people on the scene at Mission #1, I have a unique perspective (I think) on the missions.

My perspective is that 20th Century Fox has done a poor job of using geocaching to market their movie.

The opportunities for leaving a lot of trinkets in the caches was miss #1. The second miss was putting a cache in Brazil and of course now miss #3 placing a cache in Japan.

I have to wonder who in the world is making the decisions for cache placement and contents. Even a freshman marketing student could do a better job !

Guest Artful Dodger

I agree Ron.

I was the third one arriving for Mission #3 cache and, frankly, it was a little bit of a letdown. Just odd $1 type trinkets and promotional material. I felt like the victim of a gotcha-type marketing force. They could have put a lot more thought into it and made it a little more - worthwhile. T-shirts, free movies gift vouchers etc. I'm not trying to be greedy but I did expect a little more than trinkets and promotional postcards.

Still, this is the first time this event is being done and one learns from constructive critisism.

I also agree that they were WAY off course with their placements of caches in Japan and Brazil. Even their botched coordinates for the Mission #5 was a tad amateurish.

Still, its a good game! icon_smile.gif

Guest Artful Dodger

I agree Ron.

I was the third one arriving for Mission #3 cache and, frankly, it was a little bit of a letdown. Just odd $1 type trinkets and promotional material. I felt like the victim of a gotcha-type marketing force. They could have put a lot more thought into it and made it a little more - worthwhile. T-shirts, free movies gift vouchers etc. I'm not trying to be greedy but I did expect a little more than trinkets and promotional postcards.

Still, this is the first time this event is being done and one learns from constructive critisism.

I also agree that they were WAY off course with their placements of caches in Japan and Brazil. Even their botched coordinates for the Mission #5 was a tad amateurish.

Still, its a good game! icon_smile.gif

Guest makaio

And mission #2 was placed within spitting distance of a port-a-potty! Granted the potty was well deep in the woods near a popular fishing area, but there are plenty of other good spots in the same vicinity that are less populated and smell nicer icon_smile.gif

Regarding items left, I agree they should have populated the caches with more than a single item. Not so much for finders to 'get' stuff, but to provide a good start for the trading of items to keep the cache alive. Most of us who located #2 have since populated it with various items, but with such a large container, it appears rather barren inside.

Guest makaio

And mission #2 was placed within spitting distance of a port-a-potty! Granted the potty was well deep in the woods near a popular fishing area, but there are plenty of other good spots in the same vicinity that are less populated and smell nicer icon_smile.gif

Regarding items left, I agree they should have populated the caches with more than a single item. Not so much for finders to 'get' stuff, but to provide a good start for the trading of items to keep the cache alive. Most of us who located #2 have since populated it with various items, but with such a large container, it appears rather barren inside.

Guest Cape Cod Cache

"God d*** you all!"

sums it up huh? lets get those resumes in the e-mail and show them how it's done !

(edited for language. Kids present.)

[This message has been edited by jeremy (edited 30 June 2001).]

Guest martinp13

Hmmmmm... I said those very four words on my TWO trips to Monrovia to find #5. I even met up with others wandering the park who never found it either. I found SO many cool hiding places in that park, but no box. icon_frown.gif At least I found another CA cache on my business trip out there. icon_smile.gif

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

Guest martinp13

Hmmmmm... I said those very four words on my TWO trips to Monrovia to find #5. I even met up with others wandering the park who never found it either. I found SO many cool hiding places in that park, but no box. icon_frown.gif At least I found another CA cache on my business trip out there. icon_smile.gif

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

Guest TuskenRaider

D@mm dirty apes! I think it is too bad a big studio is so cheap too. I collect props and it sickens me to see people grab these and just sell them on Ebay. They should put several props in there as well as better promotional merchandise. They should also have more Caches and in more hidden spots.

Of course without Project APE I would have not found out about Geocaching! Soon I will be placing my own.