equestrian caching in Northern MI

I'm not in northern MI, but I will suggest that you look at the areas you enjoy riding and if it they are on public land, it is likely that there will be caches for you to find. The geocaching.com maps and Google Earth with the geocache viewer will help you find those caches.

When in CA I was on a guided ride and noticed there were a number of caches in the area. It turned out that I passed within several feet of two or three caches during the ride, but I felt funny asking the guide to stop the entire group so I could find the caches. But if you are riding on your own you would have no such issue.

Edited by briansnat

Not certain if it's still there but there was a series of caches placed along the Shore-to-Shore equestrian trail (it ran from Lake Huron to Lake Michigan). You had to find a bunch of caches, collect the clues, and then go to the final. The final was west of I75, perhaps near Kalkaska. We didn't do the series, but I've heard people talk about it; as far as I know it's still in place.